Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

oil leak from turbo pipe

Hi All, I own a Audi A3 sportsback 2005 TDI 140 bhp with 50,000 miles on the clock and have found droplets of oil on my runway . I have had the car on the ramps and removed the bottom cover and it seem to be coming out of the hose going into the cooler. I removed the pipe and have a small amout of oil from the pipe. I also removed hose from the other side of the cooler and notice a small drop of oil as well . I have run the car for 2weeks and the oil leak from the outlet pipe has started to weep oil again !
    I wonder if anyone has the same problem ?
    Can the cooler be cleaned out in situ or must it be taken out to clean it and if so what with ie cleaning fluid.
    Many thanks John.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    wish I had a runway!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Boydie
    This is common and ok as long as it is not gushing!

My car does this and seems fine - just keep up to date with the oil changes/top ups!

Is it on the passenger side, just where the pipe goes into the intercooler and there is lots of oil goop on the undertray??

I just cleaned mine off with "gunk" degreaser - you can get this from halfrauds!

6th Gear

Status
    I had a similar leak sorted out under warranty.

Not entirely sure what they replaced but the issue was with the joints.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN