Sidelights

Matt

Reaction score
How do you change the sidelights? I cant see it in the manual and have had a quick look and its not obvious to see how you get to them?! They are in the same bit as the main headlight bulbs but it doesn't look like I can get to them through there?

Changed the dipped bulbs and thought they were a fiddly pain, no room to manouvre at all. Changing bulbs should be easy and straightforward!

It's a bit fiddly but not impossible. As you noticed, the backs of the headlamp units come away and you have to get your fingers in to twist the sidelight bulb out. Probably better to do a search of this forum - lots of people have asked before and I recall there were more detailed threads!

It's hard to initialy pluck up the courage to do it, but you just have to tug hard on the wire attached to them and they pull out. I did this on both of mine, and the wire didnt come away from the bulb. From searching for posts on here, most people did the same thing.

Take the backing plate off, get a small flat head screwdriver and just pry away at the edge of the bulb holder

Trust me, its fine but as said, very fiddley!! you have to get your head burried into the engine to see the edge of the bulb holder!

Done it loads of times!