4 days to go!!!!!

L33TAY

Reaction score
Hi all

Pick the S3 up at 8am Saturday morning - wooohooo

Had a call from my broker saying that they has miss-spec'd the car, though, oh my god here we go!!!

Then he said that they had put a 6cd player in by accident, however, I do not have to pay the extra - Result.

So, howmany others are picking theirs up this W end??

:icon_thumright:

12 months ago I was in the same boat - you'll love it mate

Get it well up to temp onb a nice quiet M/way/road , then in 3rd gear give it full load upto the limiter, off the gas ( to slow down ) then full load - off the gas , do this a few times for a nice tight piston ring seal!

Then take it easy for a good 500-1000 miles , jobs a good-un!

p

The next 3 days are going to go very, very slowly. Get some pics up once you come down from the high of getting a brand new S3 with your chosen spec!

Enjoy your car, a few sleepless nights ahead....

I pick mine up in about a month, it cant come soon enough, as Ill be driving a new Astra hire car, now my 335D is sold!!!!

My advice on running in, which is what Ive done on all my cars, is to bed the brakes in for 200 miles, and then let it have it - Never been a problem on the umpteens of new cars Ive had, and they seem to loosen up better as well - This is the prefered running in method of most of the tuners as well

I remember this feeling. Then when it came to the morning of getting the car my mate was 20 mins late picking me up to run me to the showroom! Longest 20 mins of my life!

Hi all

Yes, it will seem like a lifetime, driving round in a 'L' reg discovery at the mo with 160,000 miles on it, and it doesn't even get to 60 mph, only down hill lol!!!

So I won't know what's hit me on Sat!!:icon_thumright:

Phantom

I'll try what you say, is that best thing to do for bedding in, as my last 2.0T used loads of oil.

N8KOW

Nice one, which dealer have you used?

Lee

had my s3 for two weeks today!.....

.......1300 miles down, nicely run in, finally starting to 'play' with it!!

loving it, hope you all love yours too, roll on saturday!.......

happy days :icon_thumright:

Ouch, that means mine is six months old on Sat! Doesn't time fly?

Have a great time, picking up a new car has to be one of the most fun experiences in life.

I remember thinking how light the steering was at low speed - weights up nicely when you get going though. Now it feels normal until I jump into the Wife's car!

Enjoy!!

L33TAY said:
Hi all
I'll try what you say, is that best thing to do for bedding in, as my last 2.0T used loads of oil.

Mine hasn't used a drop in 4000 miles, I was fairly restrained when it was new ( < 1000 miles ) but I still had the odd full throttle blast ( couldn't resist ). Always wait for it to hit 90 on the temp gauge before giving it full throttle seems like good advice to me.

s3mike said:
Mine hasn't used a drop in 4000 miles, I was fairly restrained when it was new ( < 1000 miles ) but I still had the odd full throttle blast ( couldn't resist ). Always wait for it to hit 90 on the temp gauge before giving it full throttle seems like good advice to me.

If you check your oil temp when the water temp hits 90, you'll find that its only about half way up to temp.

Not sure if thats a problem or not, but i always give it an extra few minutes after the needle hits 90

consilio said:
If you check your oil temp when the water temp hits 90, you'll find that its only about half way up to temp.

Not sure if thats a problem or not, but i always give it an extra few minutes after the needle hits 90

True , the water is upto temp , but the oil isn't , so give it 5-10 mins more to be sure.

p

Yep! Pick mine up on saturday! Cant wait :)

Going tomorow just to sort eveything out so I can drive straight out on sat...

:icon_thumright:

My 3.2 should be ready for Saturday too. Getting excited now.

Yeah... good one mate! Mine is almost a year old... it is so new yet!! lolol. It is mint... no scratches or kerbed rims... perfect!

Happy with the car overall... have that typical feel that somehow 265hp are not enough now....

Anyone feeling the same... the car actually seems slow... (speedo tells me otherwise...) but need more power!!!

Pedro

enjoy u wont regret it fab car wanna swap a 140tdi ?????