8P A3 Front Park Lights

Angry Beaver

Reaction score
Anyone know the secret to removing the front parklights?
I've read the book and know how but my fingers need to be an inch longer and be double jointed.
After trying to force my fingers in there , cutting myself and bleeding all over the engine bay I gave up.
Glad I don't have to work on these cars for a living
icon_sad.gif

Angry Beaver said:
Anyone know the secret to removing the front parklights?
I've read the book and know how but my fingers need to be an inch longer and be double jointed.
After trying to force my fingers in there , cutting myself and bleeding all over the engine bay I gave up.
Glad I don't have to work on these cars for a living
from what I remember you have to squeeze your hand in and jiggle it a bit (ooh-er missus!!)

Dave R (H5DJR) should be able to assist with the page from the Workshop manual.

MarcQuinlivan said:
from what I remember you have to squeeze your hand in and jiggle it a bit (ooh-er missus!!)

Tried that
That's how I ended up bleeding
Can just touch the holder but not enough to turn it...****** stupid design IMHO

do you mean the headlight unit? i just unbolted the whole unit to change the bulbs, three torx screws usualy

The only trouble is that the workshop manual tells you to remove all sorts of componets from under the bonnet to give better access.

I've personally never had to change a parking light bulb but I have in the past changed both the main and dip bulbs on the halogen headlamps. Yes it's a bit of a squeeze.