Goodyear Eagle F1 Aymmetric on S3 8P review

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/...8/#Post1300888

I am very impressed with them so far.

A4C

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    Will be fitting some on mine very soon, just 2 though for now.

Mmmm Front or Rear ???? Think I may of read something about this !!!

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Full speed ahead

Status
    just fitted these to my a3 sportback in 225-35-19 and agree with all the points made. Initially they seem far superior to the contis. The evo review swung it for me too.

1st Gear

Status
    was going to go for some of those - but went for the Ultrac Sesanta in the end.

225 / 40 / 18 - 185 fitting for two.

much much better than the contis so far.

Neutral

Status
    Two days ago I had the all season version Goodyear Eagle F1 in 235/35/19 installed and so far I love them. I did 3 laps at the local racetrack with them and held up really nicely.

Neutral

Status
    I've got them on mine. 235/40/18 95Y. Brilliant- not sure about the wear rate, but that doesn't concern me
    8P2 3.2 S Line S tronic

1st Gear

Status
    Would you guys say its alright to just change the front two tyres to a different tyre instead of changing all four at the same time?
    Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line: Brilliant Black, 18inch Split Rims, DVD SatNav+8GB, BOSE, Light & Rain pack, Lights pack, 2 Tone Nappa Leather, Votex Side Skirts, Superchipped.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_3.2_S-Line
    Would you guys say its alright to just change the front two tyres to a different tyre instead of changing all four at the same time?
    Yes that is fine.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Lord of War

Status
    It's certainly ok on a 2wd, i guess it would be ok on 4wd but never done it myself.

Third Gear

Status
    Just ordered mine, £109 each fitted and balanced, mine will be going on the front.Should have them fitted Wednesday all being well.

Mark
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Reverse Gear

Status

Great tyre price

I'm thinking of getting a set for my 3.2 Quattro, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 225 18 40. Are they the same as you got for you 109 and if so, do you mind telling me where you got them? I think they've got another sale!

Of course, if anyone has any other tyre recommendations feel free to let me know!

Cheers,

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcAdams666
    I'm thinking of getting a set for my 3.2 Quattro, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 225 18 40. Are they the same as you got for you 109 and if so, do you mind telling me where you got them? I think they've got another sale
    Yeah, the very same, actually worked out at 214.50 for 2, had them fitted today. Got them from Tyrewise in Kirkby near Liverpool.Tel 0151 547 2301. Seemed very efficient did not damage wheels etc, will definately use them again.

Mark

Reverse Gear

Status

thanks!

thanks very much! Amazingly fast reply, will try to get a place near me to match that one. slightly too far to go, mind you, might be a good drive! Cheers!

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcAdams666
    might be a good drive! Cheers!
    Don,t think so ,all motorway, and Kirby is a bit of a dump. Good Luck anyway, I do now they were supplied direct from Good Year which cut out the middleman, mate of mine could not get nr the price as he was purchasing from a wholesaler.

Mark

Neutral

Status
    I am getting 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's 225 40 18 fitted to my 3.2 Quattro to replace the OEM front tyres. Which axel would it be best to put the new tyres on?
    FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!
    2005/05 A3 3.2 Sport Quattro
    -Avus, S-line, 1/2 leather, sat-nav, cruise, 18" RS6's, BOSE, Symphony, ambient-lighting, Audi front spoiler, Xenon's, black cloth headling, phone-prep. ABT front grill to go on the car. 15750ono

Need a dog walker in Sussex?
    www.FetchandFuss.co.uk

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex A3 3.2 Quattro
    I am getting 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's 225 40 18 fitted to my 3.2 Quattro to replace the OEM front tyres. Which axel would it be best to put the new tyres on?
    I had mine fitted on the front, other people may have different idea's, seems to me the fronts wear out first so obviously do most of the work. ???

Mark