PCD + Offset for 8P Chassis + Lowering 40mm

nyzrox

Reaction score
Hi,

Not a A3 owner yet unfortunatly.
Looking into buying a 8P A3, 2003 plate.

Wanting to put 18" RS6 reps on it

What PCD and offset are perfect fit for it, and would lowering 40mm be possible.

Cheers. :rockwoot:

5x112
8" width
50 or higher ET

With a 40 mm drop, any lower ET May rub if you use a square-should tire. That is to be on the safe side and have no rubbing even with passengers. You can always remove the rear fenderliners screw and that will give a little more clearance.

hope this helps!

well tbh i wanna slam the A3 as low as possible to the floor on 18s without effecting anything. my corsa was quite low, i had it front/rear 75/120mm

ok so 5x112, 8" width, and if i got ET50 i could drop 40mm with no problems?

Will it effect the camber at all or is it a fixed camber on the A3

no but, my corsa was down 75/120 thats slammed :icon_thumright:

8" 45 offset might catch slightly if you lower a lot, depending on the tyre -
this wheel sticks out 17mm more than oem

its difficult to get wheels with such large offsets though - it limits the choice - most replicas are 42 to 45 - the 45 is definitely better.

ive just pickup up some rs6 reps in 46 offset at 8" and am lowered 30mm with 235/40/18 tyres and it doesnt catch at all.

when you lower the car the static camber will get bigger, but there is less camber left in roll, so if your car rolls a lot the camber will not increase enough and you will run out of grip - that usually the front end leading to understeer.

fronts go from about -0.3deg to -1.2 with a drop of 30mm, and the rears ended up to -2, -.8 after some adjustment. the fronts have no adjustment without aftermarket mods but the rears are adjustable. i added adjustable top mounts to give me -1.65 front camber with -30mm drop

dunk said:
fronts go from about -0.3deg to -1.2 with a drop of 30mm, and the rears ended up to -2, -.8 after some adjustment. the fronts have no adjustment without aftermarket mods but the rears are adjustable. i added adjustable top mounts to give me -1.65 front camber with -30mm drop

I dnt understand any of this, suppoe il need to wait an see when i get mine. I was thinking 30mm might be better on 18s

N8KOW said:
5x112 and ET42-50 will fit, get a higher offset and spacers to complete the look

My friend with RS4 replicas (18 inch) and ET 42 rubbed on contis SC2. He machined the wheels 4 mm (bringing them to ET46) and still rubbed a bit, on S line suspension.....:sorry:

i have rs4's at et42 and touch wood i have no rubbing even with the car packed out with my mates:)

i does seem to be a game of chance some people say they rub whilst some say they dont!!

probably be best to go higher though if you can