S3 APR ECU Upgrade

FELIX

Reaction score
Hi all, forum rookie here.

Ive been reading lots of threads regarding an ECU remap for my new S3 and still cant make up my mind. Im based in Argentina, so getting a GIAC or REVO remap is quite a hastle, gots to ship the ECU for the upgrade and then have it shipped back, not happy having my new S3 sit in the garage for a month.
So i started asking to check availability for a good remap option and came up with this APR local dealer that downloads this remap and lets me try it out for 6 hours, to when it switches back to stock power.

He promised 320hp with no hardware mods, so i googled this: http://www.goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_audis3-20t.html

Question is...is anyone familiar with this remap? Opinions? Pros and cons? REVO vs GIAC vs APR?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from down south! :icon_thumright:

I plan on doing it next week when I come back from holidays, so I could be your guinea pig...:) I've sent an email to APR australia regarding the use of either the 95 or 98 ron map, they say the 95 ron map has aproximately a 3% decrease in output so that could be a safe choice with our sh#$%y fuel...would end up in about 310 hp (our cars are also specd to 255hp only from the factory due to the lower quality fuels).

I dont know if there are any APR users on this forum though...but there have been very positive reviews on the australian forum (www.ozaudi.com)

Hope this helps!

Muchas gracias Demian!:icon_thumright:

APR are linked with Oettinger (owned by same company) so share software, if you look on both sites the comparisons are easy to make but with APR generally being cheaper all to do with branding.

The APR maps have an excellent reputation with the claim for power in the UK being 310bhp on 98 ron fuel, both companies also offer switchable options via cruise control if fitted.

Maps are stored within the ECU alongside the OEM map, the 'standard' map you revert to after your 6 hour trial will be APR's version not your car's OEM but this is usual for many companies including Revo, GIAC etc.

APR software does affect the cars ECU flash counter so would be visible to an Audi Dealer if he knew what he was looking for but the majority are either ignorant or not bothered so something to be aware of but denial is recommended in the unlikely scenario you are questioned.

I was very interested in APR software prior to selecting GIAC and have heard good things about them.

My friend has APR on his Leon for two years now, no problems and great power delivery. Its the 1.820VT with K03s so not really comparable. Awesome GTI use APR too, thats where he had his done

It was awesome I was communicating with as main distributor for APR in the UK, great company and most helpful but couldn't match the price/criteria for me at the time.

I have received an email from APR last week saying their software upgrade does not trip the flash counter....

maybe they improved now?