TAILPIPE TRIM part number

khalil

Reaction score
hi has anyone got the part number for the genuine tailpipe trim, the one you put if you got the votex bodykit, my car is a 54 plate 2.0tdi, many thanks if anyone can help

because the 140 comes with welded on bent trims, the 170 has welded on straight trims but I guess that those will slide over without removing the factory trim. I would guess that they would fit the 140 but you will need to remove the standard trims first, email the seller to see if they can tell you if they are welded on clamp on with screws.

Nope - I don't think it's that because the part number above necessitates cutting off the existing tail pipe ends and tack welding the new tip on.

Think it is maybe something to do with the 170 having the DPF meaning it chucks out less junk in the form of black soot particles? Maybe?

Think it is maybe something to do with the 170 having the DPF meaning it chucks out less junk in the form of black soot particles? Maybe?

Thats correct. Cars without a DPF have to have the final ouput from the exhaust pointing downwards, those with a DPF can be straight.

Mind you in the German market nearly all diesel A3s are sold with the DPF including the 140s so I assume there are trims for straight exhausts on the 140. I will have a look at the parts catalogue and see if any are available.

h5djr said:
Thats correct. Cars without a DPF have to have the final ouput from the exhaust pointing downwards, those with a DPF can be straight.

That's interesting - is it actually a requirement from Audi that if it hasn't got a DPF it needs downturned pipes?

That's interesting - is it actually a requirement from Audi that if it hasn't got a DPF it needs downturned pipes?

I don't think it's only Audi. I think it's a requirement for EU type approval. May be wrong, but I'm sure a read that somewhere.