• No very reasonable price.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well simple yes / no answer.

I was quoted £700 to extend the warranty on my 2005 A3 2.0TDi DSG SLine includes Audi Assist though.

The reason I ask the question.

My mate Graeme has just got a quote from Renault to extend the warranty on his Megan 225 Cup Sport. The quote £590 for TWO years including breakdown.

Talk about a rip off in comparison.

Paul

BMW M power £1,200 and Porsche £900

depends if you're the type to buy a £25 warranty for a £20 toaster

For a brand who like to publicise their 'quality' when you buy a new car, seems they don't have too much faith in their product when you come to buy a warranty or otherwise the price would be cheaper.

judging boy how hard it is to get anything fixed under the standard warranty I can only assume the extended warranty is a joke

Audi UK just buy in Extended Warranty and presumable add their cut. You can get a one year extended warranty which covers the same as the Audi cover for around £350-£400 from Warranty Direct.

My extended warranty was 195 euros (146 GBP) for the first year and 295 (221 GBP) for the second additional year. I thought that was very reasonable since even the smallest repair is going to cost much more that that.

I do not trust car's at all and considering the amount of moving parts and electronics.. something is guaranteed too go wrong with any car on a regular basis. I've been lucky so far, only minor issues, but minor issues can also be expensive to get fixed.

Also keep in mind that in the UK you get three years of warranty. The rest of Europe gets only two years!

Well having got quotes in and questioned the cover by WarrantyWise and WarrantyDirect, I have just gone for a LuxuryCare policy with WarrantyDirect. I've got 13 months cover for £430 and it covers most of the car.

Main thing I have confirmed in an email is that the DSG box and ECUs or modules are covered. I do wish that they would update thier documents and policies to reflect that fact that most modern cars are CANBUS.

The guy was helpful in the end, once he understood that I wanted to comunicate by emails.

Paul