EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

RNSe 2007 DVD - installed for life?

So, having the new 2008 dvd I pressed the eject button to remove the 2007 version - and nothing happened. After about 20 attempts I gave up and made first contact with my local dealer. 'Hmm - we've heard of that before' said the man. They're gonna have a look this afternoon. Anyone else overcome this little problem?
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    There is a setting that can be changed with VAG-COM to disable the eject button.

> Channel 067 (Eject CD/DVD)
    000 - default
    001 - eject CD/DVD
    255 - eject button locked, no eject possible

Just ask the dealer to set it to 000 and all should be well.
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG

6th Gear

Status
    You beat me to it marms.

Twizzler, did you get the RNS-E factory fit, or was it a retrofit? It'd be interesting if they are coming from the factory with the eject button locked.

2nd Gear

Status
    Factory fit.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

Neutral

Status
    When I picked up my ex demo S3, the DVD drive was locked and I had to get them to unlock it.

They apparently put the DVD in the drive at the factory and then lock it to prevent it being stolen. As part of the PDI sheet in my car, it said 'Unlock DVD drive if fitted', which was ticked!
    2007 Silver S3 - DVD SatNav, MFBSW, Bose, GSM Bluetooth Phone prep, privacy glass, cruise control, lighting and rain sensor pack, piano inlays, GIAC Hammer map

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickNick
    When I picked up my ex demo S3, the DVD drive was locked and I had to get them to unlock it.

They apparently put the DVD in the drive at the factory and then lock it to prevent it being stolen.
    Yeh, that makes sense. I did wonder about that.

6th Gear

Status
    Presumably in case it gets liberated by your dealer!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Excellent knowledge marms..

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2nd Gear

Status
    Unlocked by local dealer now. He said even if the dvd was unlocked on arrival from the factory they would lock it. 'It's not a CD player you know' he said.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler
    'It's not a CD player you know' he said.

It is if you put one in!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler
    'It's not a CD player you know' he said.
    That's where he's wrong. It's actually an MP3/CD Player slot
    2008 VW Golf R32 3dr

DBP :: RNS510 :: Winter Pack :: Retrofit Cruise :: OEM LED Tail Lights :: R-line badges ::

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson_Wilbury
    That's where he's wrong. It's actually an MP3/CD Player slot
    Before any asks .... no you can't play an MP3 DVD or a video DVD in that slot. The only discs it will accept are:

- map DVD
    - audio CD
    - MP3 CD
    - SW upgrade CD

No other combinations work.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5