3.2 V6 - 2004 with 55,000 miles

sibby

Reaction score
I am looking at the vehicle mentioned in the title, I just want to know what owners of the V6 think of it as the mileage is high.

Is there anything that goes wrong at 55k? Does it lose power or have any common problems?

Also the gearbox is different from the new dsg one, it has a different design but I think it is still dsg as it has the paddleshifts, does this mean anything bad? ie. discontinued parts

Google just throws up some running costs and problems individuals get (just small issues).

Anything you know will help :)

My 3.2 DSG is a 2006 car, but I have done over 56K miles in it. The gear box did develop a driveline shunt, but I put that down in part to the way I was driving it and it has been fixed by the garage.

I think the main difference between the original DSG and the later DSGs is that the early one doesn't tell you which gear it is in when in D or S, though I'm no expert.

In general, the car has been bullet proof for me.

Cheers
Dan

Ah right, how much did that cost you to fix/was it from the official dealer?

Thanks for the DSG info, I need to see the gear I am in!

I thought the DSG has always been the same, with the gear being shown at the bottom of the DIS display. There was a change to the surround of the gear lever if I remember correctly, but I am not aware of anything else.

I would think the mileage is fine - probably more important is to check that servicing has been done according to spec e.g. the Haldex 4WD oil needs to be changed at 40k miles these days although on earlier models I think it might have been every 20k.

That's what I thought as well about the DSG box, will find out in a few days.

Good point about the exact things done in service, will be checking that.

The issue with the gearbox was fixed under warranty. I think it would have been moderately expensive if I had been paying myself, though I couldn't tell you how much the new ECU would have been.

Cheers,
Dan