Orange light on dash

AudiLad

Reaction score
hey,i have an orange light that has come on,checked my manual it says its something to do with my emissions,its looks a bit like a tap and its orange,does anyone know wot it is and how to sort it? thanks

Could be a number of things mate only someone with a vagcom computer will be able to plug it in and read the fault code.

arite tar,ive got audi warranty on it,just wonderin if it was staright forward problem 1st

nope its a 140 mate,its a diesel tho,could this be something that effects the diesels?

If its still under warranty then just get it back to Audi and tell them to fix it.

It probably is something simple but without a VAG-COM scan you have no way of knowing where the problem lies.

if it helps, this was apparently caused by a faulty throttle body with my A3, something made me a little suspicious though, maybe the fact the dealer had them in stock

ok thanks,well il take it in to audi and let them sort it out under warranty,but i shall let you know if it turns out to be a faulty throttle body or not

Not quite a throttle body I can't remember what the official name is.

Beware though if it is you'll probably find that it has also taken out the fan controller fuse.

Yes it is a common fault, the Audi Assist guy had one on the van and fixed mine at home.

Paul