S3 styling mods for my A3 2.0T Quattro...

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post in this forum. I've recently crossed from the dark side and sold my BMW 3 Series Coupe and picked up an 07 A3 2.0T S-line Quattro in Avus silver. It's a great car and i can't fault it at all.

The thing is... I don't like having something the same as everyone else so i'm looking to do a few subtle, classy modifications. As i'm not a big fan of aftermarket products i'm looking to stick with Audi parts.

I'm looking at getting an S3 grill.... Am i right in thinking this will be a direct swap for the existing grill or is there any difference in size / fitting?

Can anyone recommend where to get the best quality S3 mirrors from? I'm looking for the more brushed / matt finish housing.

Also... At some point i will be going for some 19" wheels. First thoughts are RS4's or R8 replicas. Any photos of these wheels on an A3 you'd like to share?!

Apologies for the number of questions but any feedback would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys.

Paul.

Welcome to the forum!:)

Alas the S3 grille is not exactly the same size as the S-Line grill - it's not as tall and also has different fixings.

OEM S3 mirrors can be found on ebay.de for decent prices. The aftermarket ones usually look cheap and nasty.

Plenty of posts/photos re. 19" RS4 reps and lots of different sizes/qualities. Again, try ebay.de and run a search on this forum...

Paul. Welcome.:)
As Maars says. I can confirm S3 grill and S-Line grill different. Check this thread though on black optik grill. Get yourself an S-line black optik grill. Will look the biz on Avus Silver.

Yip to e-bay for brushed silver finished mirrors. I got mines from there (German seller) for my old Sportback. They were good copies. Easy to fit. (Remember to warm mirror before removal though)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=51003

I've just picked up the caractere grill for my sportback from ebay, it has the RS style mesh but chrome surround which i'm going to do something with, either paint it flat silver, gloss black or phantom black..

Yes grille doesn't fit but where there's a will there's a way:icon_thumright:
There will be a 10mm gap at the bottom but the only time anyone will notice is by lying on the ground or being run over.
It looks like it is intentional that way so looks fine

I'm thinking if the S3 grill has totally different fixings it's going to be too much of a pain in the *** to mess about with. I'll definitely look into the optik grill amongst other options though.

As far as S3 mirrors go there are some pretty terrible copies about so i'll be pushing to find some OEM mirrors.

RS4 alloys seem to be a bit of a mine field also... some of them are WAY too flat faced for my liking and for the quality authentic looking italian / american models it's a grand + without tyres (from what i've seen so far)
Seen some cracking R8 replicas also (best ones i've seen so far were by Hartmann but hard to find in the UK i believe)

ANYWAY.... I'll be sure to let you guys know how things go. Thanks for the advice!

PNH80 said:
I'm thinking if the S3 grill has totally different fixings it's going to be too much of a pain in the *** to mess about with. I'll definitely look into the optik grill amongst other options though.
The top fixings fit and line up.
The rest took 10 minutes to fix.
Hardest part is removing and replacing the bumper

Fair enough...but this looks

SickMade.jpg

A million times better IMO :hubbahubba:

There's no doubt that S3 grill looks the dogs but... Obviously that sportback has an S3 bumper too. So the addition of a new grill turns into a new S3 bumper and a pro paint job to Avus silver. Pricey!
The blackout grill does look very minimal and sporty which i like a lot....