Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Any work done by Hazzydayz?

Hi Guys,

I am about to commit to a company called Hazzydays on doing some work on my brandnew A3.
    The person i am speaking to is Gareth of
    http://www.vwcruise.com/ or Hazzydays limited?

Is there anyone who had work done to their car and can offer a review?

I am concerned about my warranty if work is carried out by Gareth.

If you had work done can you tell me the quality of the workmanship?

i am having a few things done like retro fit cruise control and footwell lighting.
    Last edited by drnutta; 18th February 2008 at 07:18.

2. # ADS
    ADS

On Boost

Status
    I had a brand new FBMFSW supplied and fitted , it was the OEM wheel for the S3 and air bag , it was BRAND spanking new!

Price was very good ( still a few £££ , but a lot cheaper than dealer price ) he took my round MFSW as part ex.

Very professional in his work, i would/will use him again.

p

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Was gonna use him, bought thought why should I pay him 150 to fit my wheel when me and matt can do it for free. He quoted me 750 for flat bottom dsg wheel fitted. Bought mine for 340 from ebay, matt is buying mine for 150 and helping me fit it. So thats 190 all in then fitted, compared to 750 plus matt got vag-com as well

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW
    Was gonna use him, bought thought why should I pay him 150 to fit my wheel when me and matt can do it for free. He quoted me 750 for flat bottom dsg wheel fitted. Bought mine for 340 from ebay, matt is buying mine for 150 and helping me fit it. So thats 190 all in then fitted, compared to 750 plus matt got vag-com as well
    I would of gone the ebay route , but they don't seem to sel the S3 wheels , they sell wheels that fit the S3 , thats the difference!

I'm a fussy cnut! Hehehe

p

2nd Gear

Status
    thanks

Any more?

Not really worried about the cruise bit...

more worried about the install for the footwell lights etc...
    as involes more bits being removed... since the car is new more concerned about trim being scratched.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just to confirm.

Footwell lighting on the A3 sportback is just for the fronts is this correct?

4th Gear

Status
    yes none at the back
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drnutta
    Just to confirm.

Footwell lighting on the A3 sportback is just for the fronts is this correct?
    How much is he charging for the footwell lighting? if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

p

2nd Gear

Status
    So for sportback no rear footwell lights yes?

i am still trying to get pricing for the footwell light install.

Neutral

Status
    Hi,

I had Cruise fitted by Gareth about 4 weeks ago and he was very professional, very tidy, communications in the morning about arrival time etc were spot on.

If you don't like fiddling with the nuts and bolts yourself then Gareth is a very good choice and he comes out to your house/place of work.

Just my 2p worth.
    2007 Lava grey, A3, 2.0 140 TDI, Sportsback, S-Line, Cruise Control (Retro Fit)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I don't doubt his work, just for a FBSW install its alot of money!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had Cruise fitted to my wifes A3 by Gareth. Travelled up from London to north of Manchester. Excellent service, excellent communication from him and all round a brilliant service. Would highly recommend him - ex Audi technician apparently.

Jools

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drnutta View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am about to commit to a company called Hazzydays on doing some work on my brandnew A3.
    The person i am speaking to is Gareth of
    http://www.vwcruise.com/ or Hazzydays limited?

Is there anyone who had work done to their car and can offer a review?

I am concerned about my warranty if work is carried out by Gareth.

If you had work done can you tell me the quality of the workmanship?

i am having a few things done like retro fit cruise control and footwell lighting.

high recom...them know what they doing...I was looking for anyone fit satnav to my audi a4 b6 con...working perfectttttttt...thx

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    They fitted a FBMFSW, RNS-E and Bluetooth to my A3 earlier this year. I supplied the wheel and nav, and they supplied other parts needed to fit, and did the work.

They weren't cheap, but were incredibly helpful before hand, and did a great job, and come highly recommended from me, I couldn't fault any aspect of their service.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

3rd Gear

Status
    I cannot vouch for hazzydays, I presume they have insurance or some form of warrenty for the work they do. I doubt if Audi would cover it though on a new car.

Just for a comparision, I fitted the footwell lighting, the door puddle lights and warning lights, RNS-E and cruise myself with help from people on this forum to my 58 plate A3.

For example cruise cost me no more than the 48 for the stalk and 20 for the bottom coweling. Audi wanted 300. Two hour job for me.

RobinA3 did the wring loom for the door lights and footwell lights for 35, other parts were no more than 20. Search my user name to see the postings. I don't see there being a problem with running wires to the back of the car. If you check under the seat there should be the cut outs there all ready.

You can get allot done with the help of other fellow forum users, thats what its all about. No guarentees but if people do things to their own cars I'm sure its fairly safe. Worked for me.

If you want any help just ask!

(you will need VDS to code the car though!)

Cheers

Neil
    Last edited by pns2007; 26th September 2009 at 22:01.
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

[s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

[s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

[s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]

A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep - went to have my rns-e coded with Hazzy's today. Didn't get the pleasure of working with Gareth in person but with one of his technicians Andrew. Went and visited them in Hemel Hempstead. As someone said above, very professional service. Would use again. <<- almost sounds like an ebay feedback!!
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

1st Gear

Status
    Had a few jobs done with Hazzy Dayz can not fault them, fitted my multi function fbsw but took the old one in part x as it was new & only charged 300.
    Highly recomend
    A3 CABRIO S-Line 2.0 TDI DSG
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

1st Gear

Status
    I had my RNSe and cruise control fitted by HazzyDayz and can not fault their work and how professional it is!

I recommend them!
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!