..PLEASE HELP, WHICH CAR..

qstix

Reaction score
Website
www.dooka.co.uk
Hi all..

I used to own a remapped 225 TT, and loved it, stupidly swapped for a BMW coupe Sport, now I really miss my TT, but found the TT unrefined,noisey in the cabin.

Now looking to come back to Audi, but don't know which car to buy..

I like the A4 Cabs, but seem a little slow, I like the A/S3 but not keen on framed doors.

I love Quattro, but like the idea of S-Tronic gear box, but Audi don't do on the Quattro for some reason ( anyone know why).

I like the new TT, but still to expensive..

I would like to stay with a Turbo engine, due to tuneabillity..

Can any one help with which car I should buy, want to spend upto 20K max.

What are the non Quattro cars like in comparison to Quattro, most of my driving is either town or back roads to work, where the TT came into it own..

What are rthe Diesels like, with fuel prices going through the roof, diesels is looking good, but dirty noisey engines put me off..

I hope this thread makes sense, and any light shedded would be great..

Thanks..:think:

well i own a 140tdi with blue fin remap and that flies the power is mainly at the lower end rather than pertol at the top end.i do agree with u that the engine is noisey but audi have reviewed the model with a small facelift and new engine range with a 143 bhp engine which apparently is refined and not noisy but who cares the engine is a fab engine and well proven on all the vag range

Qstix

I've had both Audi and BMW, if you go for a diesel please go for a BMW, RWD is FAR better than FWD (but if you went quattro even better(Audi)) and the common rail engines are far better too. I'll be getting rid of my A3, as much as I like the car, driving it just isn't the same as driving my BMW's.

My personal thoughts anyways.

J

N8KOW said:
qstix this is S10TYG's cousin, left the TT forum now have we ? :respekt:

I know your cousin, not personally though, was it you who posted pics of his wheels, i recognised them straight off.
no haven't left, still active on it, but left the TT scene, slap on the wrists for me..

Hi there any how..

Eeef said:
Qstix, have a look at this one. Only 2k over your budget, but i bet you could meet him half way. Fully loaded including stronic and dvd sat nav

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+TT/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-141-4294966148-4294966997/advert.action?R=200806303450754&distance=115&postcode=PO15+7EX&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=TT&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

It's a 3.2 rather than T but there are turbos around for similar money.

Thanks for that, but would rather buy a non smashed one..

Audi dont do an s-tronic turbo quattro A3.

The nearest you will get is the 3.2 Quattro S-Tronic or DSG

I would look for an A4 3.0 TDi Quattro Auto it should cove just about everything although you might need to up your budget a little.

Eeef said:
Qstix, have a look at this one. Only 2k over your budget, but i bet you could meet him half way. Fully loaded including stronic and dvd sat nav

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+TT/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-141-4294966148-4294966997/advert.action?R=200806303450754&distance=115&postcode=PO15+7EX&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=TT&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

It's a 3.2 rather than T but there are turbos around for similar money.

Looks like the tracking is slightly out.

DaveLamb said:
If you hold on a tic, Bowfer will be along to tell you how you should be buying a BMW diesel or Alpine D3.

He knows you know.

I went back to BMW, wish I hadn't, to common and everyone hates you, even other BMW drivers..

DSG is more manual with electronic control of the clutch, auto is a little bit different.