Cruise control 04 8P - Control Cable - Radiator tank coupling station

mattandrew

Reaction score
Just in the process of fitting cruise, ive got all the parts. The stalk I have got is 8P0 054 609 but there is no A.

My vehicle in a 2004 model

Just reading instructions, if you have an 8P upto 05/2005 you need to install a control system cable. The wire needs to run from the steering column switch modlule to the radiator tank coupling station.

Instructions say "Remove radiator coupling station"

My question is where is the "Remove radiator coupling station", is it up under the dash? Cant be to that far from the steering wheel column as the supplied wire is not that long.

Not had a proper look yet, just wondered if anyone has had to fit the wire.

Matt

I've no idea. Can you ask the guys who sold you the kit for assistance?

Hi,

I'm trying to install cruise control and also need to install the wire.
I've got no idea how to start this, if you managed to install the cable can you give me some tips / a small how to perhaps?

Thanx a lot!

I'm from Holland. The car is build at the end of 2003, 2.0 FSI engine, DSG and has allmost every option, exept the cruise.

Hope you can help me configure this out!

Have you got some information for me allready?

Thx!

Have you bought all the parts? If you bought the kit its comes with instructions. (basic)

Basically the wire runs from the steering wheel ECU to a panel under the bonnet. The wire is already in the loom to the main ECU but not the loom to the steering wheel ecu.

The instructions should say which pin on the plug at each end to put the wire in. The wire then has to fastened down the steering column threaded though a u-bend piece of tubing, make sure it is clipped to the existing loom. Then you need to take the plastic trim off from under the windscreen, it runs across the whole car, then you need to remove the wiper motor to gain access to a panel on the bulk head. When this is removed you can see into the foot well, you can then pass the wire up, the other end of the wire then goes into a plug under the panel.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks for your reaction,

The dealer sold me all the parts apart; he told me there isn’t a complete kit for building in the cruise.
In your case, was the wire already under the dash or was it necessary to remove the plastic trim under the windscreen? I’m afraid to remove this trim, because it is sealed to the windscreen.

Hope you can tell me if I can find the wire somewhere under the dash, than its relative simple to make the cruise working. Removing the plastic trim under the windscreen probably will be to mush for me..

I had to install the wire. Removing the trim is easy enough you just pull it towards the front of the car, its not bonded on

You need to gain access to the panel in order to install the wire

I had a closer look at the car, removed the wipers and washers.

I can't remove the trim, it is sealed to the windscrean.
When I remove the trim, the sealant will be damaged, so when driving in the rain water will get to the electronics. How do you have done this?

Image to show the seal: http://www.flytothefuture.nl/audi.jpg