Alloys for S3

Oli.

Reaction score
My S3 turns up mid April, and Ive been trying to get some discounted BBS CH alloy wheels, but all sources seemed to have dried up on these, well at a decent price anyway. For around the same money I am thinking of these - MTM 19" Titanium - What do you think - bare in mind my car is white with black optics and privacy and wont be lowered;

mtm.jpg

mtm1.jpg

Cheers

I really like those, care to do me a photoshop of those alloys on a black S3?

Cheers

Richard

IMHO, they look dull to me...I like the pic of them undressedm, but on car not so. Clearly I know they are titanium in asthetics... and darker looking wheel looks like it should be more on a raz boy car?

Wrong wheels, but the general idea is here - I think white is the only colour that you can pull black/anthracite wheels off successfully

Should have gotten the one at Bramleys in your first post Oli, would have it before April then ;-)

rsarjantson said:
Its simple saves cleaning the wheels so often !

Richard

I have a valetter that works for me, so no cleaning problems. Its just something Ive always wanted to do a white car with black wheels- maybe ill regret it when I come to sell it in 8 months or so, but only time will tell!!!

And buying the one at Bramleys - No way, wrong colour and Ive got a hefty discount off mine, over £2000, so no point buying used, and I also have a specific spec

JohnS3 said:
I still don't get this dark wheel thing... :tocktock:

Me neither - they look so much better nice and shiny.

To me the black/grey thing always looks like 'winter wheels' which misses the point when these wheels featured are @ £1600 a set.

Each to their own of course..plus if you keep the standards you can put them back on come PX time so no harm done.

N8KOW said:
My cousin Red/Black TT works for me...

They are too shiney for me - I prefer the antracite look and today have worked out a nice deal with QST for the wheels

thats fair enough oli, they're gloss black! They're stunning in the flesh, his ty is 330bhp so most of the time they are spinning real fast!

I dont understand, why there's virtually no mention of brands like OZ, volk racing, enkei?

Other wheels I would consider include enkei RPF1, oz ultraleggera, volk ce28, or te37.

mmMMMmmm.....ce28 with alcons.

boggysv said:
I dont understand, why there's virtually no mention of brands like volk racing, enkei?

These wheels might suit a Datsun or a Toyota, an Audi really needs a European wheel. I`m not trying to be controversial here, but the Jap wheels only really suit Jap cars IMHO.

To be totally honest, I only rate Audi OEM wheels on modern Audis..........

Wolfsburger said:
These wheels might suit a Datsun or a Toyota, an Audi really needs a European wheel. I`m not trying to be controversial here, but the Jap wheels only really suit Jap cars IMHO.

To be totally honest, I only rate Audi OEM wheels on modern Audis..........

And thats why Americans can't make any decent cars, because they have no taste

Mono10.00104.jpg
Audi_S3_Sportec.jpg

I'm a big fan of the anthracite Sportec mono 10s

They are not too dissimilar looks wise, however I prefer the MTM's, and arent the Sportec's quite heavy compared - so Ive read somewhere before. What price are they?

On a small side note, I actually saw a white S3 in the flesh yesterday, which is my first, at Worthing Audi - Oh my god, it just looks stunning, cant wait to get it now

£1675 inc VAT without tyres.

looks like they are 30lbs/13.6kg

those MTM look very nice! I wonder I would they look on my phantom black.

I am not the tuning type and will leave my S3 alone but those wheels are nice!!

Pedro

Just ordered my new 19" mtm rims with QsT, they are going to strip a new set then powder coat them black for me! same with my new Milltek exhaust they are going to make one black for me! very nice guy Kim, will use him again

Kim @QST is a top bloke, and knows his stuff!