Nav freezing up

Brookie-S3

Reaction score
Hi only had my car a few weeks, ex-demo
and twice now the nav screen has froze, it wont let you do anything, put map on, change to cd, change tracks etc etc?

any help before i book it into the dealers ?

What software version are you running? Have you tried re-booting it?

i have tom tom, but wanted a car with it in ?
where do i find out what version it is?

press the CAR button then go into whatever menu appears.

should say SW ver and HW ver.

Latest SW is 0650 which you can get from this post.

when the unit freezes press and hold the radio and setup buttons for 5 seconds to reset.

Brookie-S3 said:
i have tom tom, but wanted a car with it in ?
where do i find out what version it is?

Press the CAR button then select VERSION.

Mine used to lock up now and again with SW0600 but since updating to 0650 I have not had the problem again (So far anyway!)

wonder if Audi will ever let people upgrade their own software, would be quite cool

bacardi said:
wonder if Audi will ever let people upgrade their own software, would be quite cool

You can update your software version.

what, jsut of the sat nav, or the whole car? I'm interested in the updates they make to the car itself

bacardi said:
what, jsut of the sat nav, or the whole car? I'm interested in the updates they make to the car itself

Of the nav unit. thats the only place the nav software is 'stored'.

What updates to the car?

You may get the odd ECU update if you have an issue or problem with how the engine runs.

There are no nav updates for the car itself.

bacardi said:
You just put in the new map DVD and it updates the SW automatically.

Issac Hunt said:
Of the nav unit. thats the only place the nav software is 'stored'.

What updates to the car?

You may get the odd ECU update if you have an issue or problem with how the engine runs.

There are no nav updates for the car itself.

Yeha, I mean ECU updates etc, I would imagine there are a fair few of these kicking around

bacardi said:
Yeha, I mean ECU updates etc, I would imagine there are a fair few of these kicking around

I doubt there are a lot. Audi will tell you if your car needs one. It's not like your missing out on anything!

Looking at the sheer number of software releases for pretty much anything electronic I'd be suprised, to think my A3 is 3 years old and Audi have not fixed any bugs is a bit of a stretch to me, I guess the dealer may update the software during routine servicing but I very much doubt it

What bugs do you have that need fixing?

If an update is available/needed then you should get it no problem, I did for mine. Can't say there is any difference to driving it though.

None that I'm aware of, but I'd like to think that if there'd been a 1000/1 chance of an airbag deploying, or a seatbelt pre tensioner firing itself off, or the engine going into limp home mode i could upgrade the software

Seeings as you can mod the software of an ECU with a bluefin, I was just wondering if Audi would do the same themselves