best way to put mp's onto sd card

Brookie-S3

Reaction score
hi guys.
i finaly got my 2gb sd cards and formatted them to fat32.
which is the best way to add mp3's to them, if i just drop them onto the sd card i can only get about 6 albums on?

ie. media player or i tunes.
plus a good description please. bit new to all this.

thanks

Put each album in its own folder on the root of the SD card. You should get more than 6 on it!

Use something like windows media player to rip your CD's into MP3 - It MUST be in this format.

You should get approx 20ish CD on each card depending on the bit-rate of the tracks you have.

if you shop about you can still get 4gig SD cards that work in your car...

The bitrate is the big thing, I find 192kbps is best quality/size ratio

ye i think thats my problem, most of my music is in 320 bit,
but i have got a lot more albums on now and it works a treat !

i couldnt find any 4gig standard sd cards

N8KOW said:
But no point in 4GB SD cards klauster as doesn't the RNS-E only read the first 500 files anyway???
Depends on the bit rate you use and the size of each file.

I use 320kbps bit rate and I get over 2GB of files onto a 4GB SD card before reaching the file limit.

It appears the limit is 400 MP3 files, within a total of 512 objects (object = folder + MP3 file + M3U playlist).

Someone on another forum last week said they couldn't find any 4GB SD cards, so I sent them 10 links that I found on Google in less than 5 minutes.

I know, but some people can't help it Dave! Most of my files are 192kpbs and they'll be going in Album folders, so can I expect 20 a card?

I've tried to find 'Standard' 4GB SD cards and can't find any, maybe I'm slow. Where do you get them from?

Also need a card reader as my new laptop does not have one, what one is the best?

:respekt:

J

no i didnt, lol
but mine works ok and had no problems, just plug in and it works fine

the only problem i have is that i put all into folders, so i had 15 folders as albums
But i cant choose different folders, the songs are all together, so if i want album 4 on, i have to scroll all the way down ? through 40 songs for example

is this right ?

Brookie-S3 said:
the only problem i have is that i put all into folders, so i had 15 folders as albums
But i cant choose different folders, the songs are all together, so if i want album 4 on, i have to scroll all the way down ? through 40 songs for example

is this right ?

No you shouldnt have to do that. I have each album in its own folder which is placed in the root of the SD card and this works perfectly for me.

is this right ?
If you press the 'Return' button this should take you 'up' a level and allow you to select the album. You should then be able to scroll down the tracks in that album to choose the one you want.

Hi, when I formatted my sd card I don't have a root folder come up, its just completely blank when i look at on the pc?!

Juniper44 said:
Hi, when I formatted my sd card I don't have a root folder come up, its just completely blank when i look at on the pc?!
That IS the root folder!

thanks for all your help, myn now works a treat i didnt realise i had to press return to see the folders...

Brookie-S3 said:
thanks for all your help, myn now works a treat i didnt realise i had to press return to see the folders...
The use of the Return button is NOT well documented in the manual!