S3 Replacement Tyres

White220

White 220
Reaction score
My pal has an S3 with 13k and baldy tyres already rotated front to back. Can anyone suggest a replacement set or recommend ones to avoid, i think kwik fit have suggested good years (not sure of model), and have also said there is no difference between the choice of 4 different makes. (probably not true!)

I know it is unlikely that many people have 26K+ on their new toys but any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Goodyear GSD III or the new asymetrics have the best review, pay approx £110 per corner but don't expect them to last any longer.

Once youve chosen the tyre, check your prices against "Blackcircles.com"

Cant be beaten on price...usually. <---Caveat :)

Spin140 said:
Goodyear GSD III or the new asymetrics have the best review..

Or even Michelin Pilot Sport 2s which seem to get a pretty decent writeup also.

-Sal-

L60N said:
Once youve chosen the tyre, check your prices against "Blackcircles.com"

Cant be beaten on price...usually. <---Caveat :)

Yup they can, by mytyres.co.uk, ive always found them cheaper and have been using them for years

JonesyGT said:
Yup they can, by mytyres.co.uk, ive always found them cheaper and have been using them for years

Thing you have to remember with mytyres.co.uk is their price does not include fitting, which varies depending on which garage get the tyres fitted.
They do have a greater choice of tyres than Blackcircles, but as they completely screwed up my last order, they certainly wont be my no 1 choice to get any replacment tyres from.

Richard