My silver S3 - First Pics!

DemianM

RWD sucks!
Reaction score
Well, after 1 month of possesion, I made some time after detailing the car to take some nice pics! Mods so far are:

19x8.5 ET 48 RS4 replicas with 235/35/19 tyres, OEM RS4 centercaps and bolt covers
TT MK2 Dead pedal
Infinity Basslink sub/amp
HID foglights
tints

Next on the list: APR software upgrade, and possibly H&R springs

Hope you like it!

dsc00459kl8.jpg

dsc00464gj2.jpg

dsc00480kz4.jpg

dsc00488yj1.jpg

dsc00503fz7.jpg

Very nice, silver isn't my favourite colour but it looks great on the S3

Looks good, be nice to see a pic with a direct side profile to see how the calipers look behind the 19".

Its amazing that its the same car as mine yet looks so different with the larger alloys. Nice shot of the Mrs leg too on the interior shot :)

Spin140 said:
Looks good, be nice to see a pic with a direct side profile to see how the calipers look behind the 19".

Its amazing that its the same car as mine yet looks so different with the larger alloys. Nice shot of the Mrs leg too on the interior shot :)

You got it!

dsc00487qa0.jpg

:icon_thumright:

Oh Pooh, thats done it ! You have managed to add even more confusion to my 'which wheels?' decision as they look superb. I love the way they show off the S3 calipers, are these italian reps ?

Cheers Spin

Looks stunning... Really does.
Try black optic grill... I reckon it will look just right for it.
Still stunning.

Spin140 said:
Oh Pooh, thats done it ! You have managed to add even more confusion to my 'which wheels?' decision as they look superb. I love the way they show off the S3 calipers, are these italian reps ?

Cheers Spin

My replicas are made in taiwan but the quality is very good.....bought them in the US at www.velocitymotoring.com , excellent service!

I know many "forumers" think they are played out but I really love OEM+ styling and this wheel in particular so I did not care!

I am considering the black optics grill, but I am not sure if I can buy it from my dealer here, or if it will be a rape! :motz:

Very nice Demian.

Can i ask, has the ride height been altered from standard? If not i think that looks very nice indeed. I would have thought going up to 19's would have increased height, i suppose reducing the trye profile counters it..

L60N said:
Very nice Demian.

Can i ask, has the ride height been altered from standard? If not i think that looks very nice indeed. I would have thought going up to 19's would have increased height, i suppose reducing the trye profile counters it..

You've just answered your own question - the reduction in tyre rim compensates for increase in wheel size, looks great, I love the RS4 regardless, a great OEM looking wheel.

Spin140 said:
You've just answered your own question - the reduction in tyre rim compensates for increase in wheel size, looks great, I love the RS4 regardless, a great OEM looking wheel.

Im 100% in agreement with you. Looks the ********!:hubbahubba:

Good news is the car looks great:thumbsup:

Bad news is i keep telling myself i don't need a set of RS4 reps and now you've set me off again :think:

L60N said:
Very nice Demian.

Suspension is OEM, I really want to put some springs but the ride will be even harsher and this is my daily driver. Furthermore, our driveways and garage entrances are quite steep (not to mention the POTHOLES) so I am biased......as it is, I havent scraped once!

I hope the front settles a little more (the car only has 2000 kms now)

that look's the dogs, them wheels really make a difference....
they are for sure on my want list

DemianM said:
Suspension is OEM, I really want to put some springs but the ride will be even harsher and this is my daily driver [\quote]

I swear everyone on this forum is scared of coilovers!! :motz: If you get adjustable coilovers you can adjust the ride height and the harshness/softness of the ride.

Thats your best bet Demian, then you get the best of both worlds..

Thanks

Nathan

I am not afraid of them, it is just that the cost is quite high, I must source them directly from the UK or Germany and the cost of the coilovers+shipping+taxes is same as the cost to buy a brand new R8 :lmfao: also, as you go lower, you also need to go a little stiffer since there is less suspension travel and less space between the oilpan and the road....so if you set it to soft, you are often hitting the ground (at least where I live) , many streets have deep "channels" at each corner, specially in the neighbour, same with speed bumps, they are often quite high. But I am sure that the coilovers are a better choice that only springs.

:icon_thumright:

Looks awesome.

Silver does set the Audi's off very well, and i am silver convert.

As the over guys said, a black optic grill does suit silver, and make the car look very menacing, that's why i did it. ;)

Look superb. Love the RS4 alloys.

Was there any reason you chose 235/35 rather than 225/35 tyres?

Although they are a small bit higher, they are the most common size, most OEM cars run 235 35 19. On my special case, I got 2 of them from a friend with only 500 kms so I bought the other 2 to make the set.

:)

Mk2 tt dead pedal looks nice. I reckon lhd and rhd models have different part numbers?

How much are we looking at?

*nevermind, just called vag-parts and the guy told me audi doesnt make one for RHD models.

225/35/19s (640mm) correctly match the diameter of the original 225/40/18s (637mm). 235/35/19s are 647mm diameter.

But I'm not sure how this is effected when the tyres are stretched on 8.5" rims. It might be that the stretched 235s are fine...

Great car! Saludos de otro Argentino a la espera de su S3!