Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    RWD sucks!

Status

Help! Installing sub/amp in my S3!

I am about to install a subwoofer in the boot of my S3, does anyone know if there are any special tricks regarding the removal of the underdash, the kick panel and the black trim (door sill) above the carpet??

Thanks in advance for any help!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Cannot help with the A3 but if the door trim kick plates are like my MKV Golf was you just pull them upwards but they are bloody tight !
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

L60N
    Thats great. I can see it now, DemianM heads out to the car looks at it for a while..."hmmm, thats looks like what Steve is talking about".... *Tugs*... "Damn its tough" *Tugs more*....... "Damn, real tough but thats ok, Steve sad it would be..... *SNAP*...."Oh ********"

5th Gear

Status
    There is nothing holding thme down, no screws etc I'll go and try mine in a while.

RWD sucks!

Status
    Well, all´s done now! All you have to do is TUG a lot! LOL! Everything went smooth, added a basslink to my Bose sound, sounds GREAT! I will post pictures later!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DemianM
    Well, alls done now! All you have to do is TUG a lot! LOL! Everything went smooth, added a basslink to my Bose sound, sounds GREAT! I will post pictures later!
    Be fascinated to see this - was it difficult? (scale of 1 to 10!)
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

RWD sucks!

Status
    To be honest, if you ever had installed some audio equipment in any car, it is quiet easy. You need to get a + wire from the battery to the boot, and then the signal wire is taken from the BOSE sub in the side of the boot. I chose to leave the bose sub connected together with the basslink, which I crossed-over very low to give it only the lowest frequencies.

In my opinion, it sounds quite good, since now I have the bass in 0 in the head unit so the rest of the speakers sound quite clear due to the lower bass level. It is no SPL king but I grew tired of that, I did not want to tear the car apart.

This is how it looks (I made a new floor in MDF, I did not want to drill the OEM one which is quite soft)

This is how the wiring looks, I covered all of it in black tubing. I installed the remote bass level in the lower part of the dash (above the dead pedal). I did not drill any holes at all.

If you have any doubts, you can PM me! Everything is quite simple to dissassemble.

5th Gear

Status
    That looks like a tidy install