Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

New S3 owner - remap question

I have a 2007 S3 and am looking to get the 310BHP "Bluefin" (superchips) remap as I can swap the programs back for servicing and warranty work.

Has anyone fitted this ?
    How long does the file swap take ?
    What 0-60 times can be acheived ?
    When should I expect a clutch to go and how much to replace ?

Cheers,

Si
    2007 S3
    Phantom Black
    Bose upgrade

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    do a search on here for GIAC review, knocks spots off the Bluefin according to Johnny B who has had both plus all your question will be answered....
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

6th Gear

Status
    Here you go ...

S3 - GIAC Remap Review
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140
    do a search on here for GIAC review, knocks spots off the Bluefin according to Johnny B who has had both plus all your question will be answered....
    Yeah he is right, i had bluefin and just switched to GIAC and the difference is astonishing, i really cant see the bluefin giving you 310bhp, its certainly didnt feel like it anyway.

As you can see with Spin140' review he is more than happy with his map, its money well spent

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find a dealer in the south. My local Superchips dealer is only 10 miles away, but if the other map is that much better, i would travel further for it as the cost is about the same
    2007 S3
    Phantom Black
    Bose upgrade

5th Gear

Status
    you should also think about MTM, Uk distrubuter is in Surrey, and I was very pleased with my remap

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    you should also think about MTM, Uk distrubuter is in Surrey, and I was very pleased with my remap
    is their map not around 800 though

?

Status
    MTM 310bhp is 850 + Vat

Regal in Southampton do GIAC. Thinking of heading there myself
    Last edited by S3-N; 10th February 2008 at 18:54.
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Nick
    MTM 310bhp is 850 + Vat

Regal in Southampton do GIAC. Thinking of heading there myself
    emailed them about the 330bhp GIAC map over a week ago with no reply

?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    I hate that. If you're not going to read and reply to emails why give out an email address as a means of contact.

I can't decide about the 330bhp - The fact GIAC are the only one doing 330bhp from a remap alone concerns me a bit. Why are a lot of other reputable companies only offering 310bhp if it's that easy?

Uber pimp meister

Status

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    Why dont you just phone them... a lot of these tuning companys are small business' that dont have someone constantly sat on a computer waiting to reply to your every whim.

under pressure

Status
    Well, i'm quite happy with my Superchips stage 2 remap
    Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software

?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupramax
    Why dont you just phone them... a lot of these tuning companys are small business' that dont have someone constantly sat on a computer waiting to reply to your every whim.
    fair enough...but if you give out an email address have someone in front of a computer once a week or don't bother

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aiculedtzu
    Well, i'm quite happy with my Superchips stage 2 remap
    Is there information on their website for stage 2?

under pressure

Status
    I've just checked and on their website is listed only the Stage 1 remap(310 Bhp), but i'm sure if you ask them they would provide you a stage 2 remap or a custom one for your needs.

As far as i know they are official partners to VW Racing UK so they might know a thing or two about remapping VAG engines.
    Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aiculedtzu
    I've just checked and on their website is listed only the Stage 1 remap(310 Bhp), but i'm sure if you ask them they would provide you a stage 2 remap or a custom one for your needs.

As far as i know they are official partners to VW Racing UK so they might know a thing or two about remapping VAG engines.

Superchips will have a number of maps in house form their R&D stage some producing more power than others then they settle on a generic map for use by the majority so am confident they will have alternate files to offer for your bluefin.

They do partner VW racing but were beaten last year by the sole GIAC mapped car, I was present at Superchips HQ and have pictures to prove it, when the GIAC car was put on Superchips rollers as they were disputing its lead being purely due to mapping - this theory was disproved with the GIAC car given a clean bill of health. More food for thought...

1st Gear

Status
    I had the superchips on my S3 and have driven a couple of others, and I know Jonnyb reccons the GIAC map knocks spots off the superchips one, but IMO - he must have had a bad superchips map, because each car I have driven is slightly different, some are more 'urgent' but not one was outstandingly head and shoulders above the others.

If had mine done again it would be SUperchips, APS or RSD - bascially because they are all local to me Buckingham / Brackley / Daventry and all top notch companies.
    Nothing to see here: Woofdoggy , move along please........