Audi S3 (8P) - First Service (Variable Service)

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've just picked up my car from its first service. Car had covered 11,560 miles which is someway inside the originally quoted 19,000 miles the car was supposed to reach for its first service.

I don't pay for the services as I pay for a fixed price maintenance plan (£24pcm).

The bill for the service was £344.31 !!!!!

The oil was £79 + VAT
The labour charge £202 + VAT

Does this seem high or am I just being a miserable old fashioned *******?

£100 an hour for labour maybe? Not sure how long services take. Is the oil different to standard interval stuff? Does seem expensive for the oil

Thats over £100 an hour ........ i've got 1 service to keep the warranty sweet then i'm off down the independent route, I got much better service from Jabba compared to my local stealer.

If I'd been paying cash out for it I'd have been kicking off. You don't even get an air filter for that price!!!

They called me up half way through the day to say I needed 4 tyres as if I just replaced the fronts and not the rears the variation in tyre tread could strain the Haldex system. This really upset me as its not strictly true. Plus their tyres were £30 per corner more than my local tyrefitter.

Please note the dealer was courteous, and the job that has been done so far seems to be of a good standard.

The oil was listed as MobilSCH Longdrain @ £15.95 per litre + VAT. I appreciate a charge is built in for disposal, but £85 for a gallon of oil is pricey.

They seemed particularly displeased that I was on fixed service maintenance when I went into the dealer. I've also just noticed my invoice says ESTIMATE, and not invoice. I wonder if they plan to charge Audi AG more for the work?!?!?!?

wonder if they plan to charge Audi AG more for the work?!?!?!?

It won't be Audi AG who will be paying it will be VW Finance Services (UK) Ltd, trading as Audi Finance and based in Milton Keynes.

I got mine done around the same milage.

However went the independant route as not paying Audi's rip off prices, the only work involved in the service is a oil and oil filter change and pollen filter for the first variable service.

Used genuine Audi parts and noticed depending what delaer you go to theyall use different oil. I was charged about £55 for 5 litres of Castrol SLX Longlife 3 and about another £30 for the oil and pollen filter.

Service and parts cost about £150 so much cheaper than the dealer.

Ive just touched 9k in my 07 S3 and preston audi quoted me £235 inc. Booking it next week so wil let u know what happens

I don't know whether S3 pricing is different to the standard A3's, whether anything extra is carried out?

However on a 'normal' A3 I paid £200 which inc the pollen filter which is done every 2 years I believe. Average on here seems to be about £250 for first AVS, some as high as £400.

They should all charge the same amount of labour, think it is 1.1hrs for 1st AVS, if however you require the pollen filter to also be changed, this would then increase the time to 1.3hrs. Many dealers don't stick to these times, make sure yours does by asking for an itemised quote. If they don't quote the times specified by Audi UK remind them! I had one try to quote me 1.9 hrs until I told them what the Audi UK figures were! Customer services will tell you what the figures are.

Did your service include the brake fluid (done every 2 yrs), this is usually bewteen £70 and £110?

cdb2 said:
Did your service include the brake fluid (done every 2 yrs), this is usually bewteen £70 and £110?

No, just an oil change, an oil filter, pollen filter and a 'screw' (which I can only assume is a replacement sump plug, or trim screw for the underside shrouding.

I shouldn't moan as I didn't pay hard cash for it. I've only paid £268 so far on fixed maintenance and for that I've had a 1st service and a new damper!