A3 & TT-RS Leaked Pics

Great spot sir!

Now, for idiots like me :think:could you point out the differences from the current A3 as it looks pretty similiar to the current one.

The LEDs off the cabrio and what is allegedly a new single-span grille, but I can't see any difference. looks like some LEDs on the rear of the 3 door too.

the minor (unnoticeable) changes are good news for those of us who have a current A3 as they should be unnoticable when it comes time for us to change our cars.

A3 just looks like its staying pretty much the same. Not a lot to see here... move along ;)

The new headlights must be crap, have you seen what's on the roof??

9080129.004.1M.jpg

They aren't official renders. If it turns out like that then I'll definately be glad I got mine when I did!

On those thin tyres, the A3 just looks like a fat bird on stillettos.

So if the TT-S is gonna be 34k before options what do we recon the TT-RS is gonna come in at?

p

so apart from the grilles which no longer shout 'I haven't got fog lamps', not much cop....

My thoughts exactly, bit glad really, suppose they would not go all out making loads of changes on the facelife when a totally new one is coming out around 2010.

Bet when the "official" pics are out it will be headlight and rear light cluster changes only poss a different bumper but it wont effect the S3 anyway so I'm happy!

A3 looks less aggressive for some reason, current one looks better

What's with all the snow?

Hopefully the Sport model which look much better... Either way, i'm moving up onto the A5 =)

What's with all the snow?

Winter testing, hence the narrow tyres. Probably the latest GPS satellite receivers on the roof!!

So would you say there official pictures then?

So would you say there official pictures then?

Quite likely. Spy shots rather than released by Audi. Probably winter testing of a version of the facelift due in 2009/10.

N8KOW said:
tt-rs is gonna be £40k, I read 0-60 = 5s 350ish bhp. M3 Alternative?

The TTS I'd say is more of a competitor to the Z4 Coupe, so the TTRS is more likely aimed at the Z4M coupe similar stats thats for sure?

Just a thought.

J.

The TT-RS doesn't really look that inspiring. When you think how significant the changes are on the RS4 over the A4 I was hoping for more to be honest. Quad exhausts, rolled arches etc... Owning a dolphin grey S3 (rather than an orange one for instance), means I like understated, but there is understated and then there is just plain DULL

JohnS3 said:
The new headlights must be crap, have you seen what's on the roof??
Ah no, that's the optional laser cannons, for zapping BMWs with. ;)

marriedblonde said:
The TTS I'd say is more of a competitor to the Z4 Coupe, so the TTRS is more likely aimed at the Z4M coupe similar stats thats for sure?

Just a thought.

J.

Surely not the TT is Quattro. I know some folks prefer RWD but I do think the TT Quattro system is suberb. Borrowed a Z4 3.0 from local dealer and really found it's handling rather poor. OK for long straight journies. The coffee in our local BM dealer is crap too which doesn't help!:respekt:

I had a dream last night, was walking in to the dealer to pick up my recently ordered S3 and suddenly Audi presents the new S3, restyled. 280HP instead of 265HP, new lights, 19inch alloys, etc...beautiful and aggressive yet sober.

Question is: when do you think this will happen?

Not a dream, nightmare. :lazy:

i think those head lamps look hidious will have to wait and see it for real

FELIX said:
I had a dream last night, was walking in to the dealer to pick up my recently ordered S3 and suddenly Audi presents the new S3, restyled. 280HP instead of 265HP, new lights, 19inch alloys, etc...beautiful and aggressive yet sober.

Question is: when do you think this will happen?

Not a dream, nightmare. :lazy:

Sleep easy my friend - I seriously doubt they'll be any changes to the S3 until the whole new next get one comes out. Prob in about 5 years time.