Badger5EM Tuning
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 214
  1. #121
    Low life livin' the high life.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,638
    Well if anyone wants my ten cents worth.... The Porsche is the better car in pretty much every respect, and this is reflected in the price. However it is a well known fact that Porsche purposely held back with the design and performance of the Cayman so to not encroach on the carrera market. For this reason i can't help but think you're buying a car that isn't as good as it should be and lets be honest, will always be seen as 'couldn't quite afford a carrera'. Still a beautiful car though, just not where i'd put my money. Also, maybe a superficial point but i just don't see porsches as 'cool' cars anymore. My uncle has an £80K Carrera 4S with all the bells and whistles and it just leaves me a bit unimpressed for the money to be honest.
    The TT has never really done anything for me, not sure why, maybe just a bit feminine? Matter of opinion obviously!

    Anyway for the same money you're throwing at a well spec'd Cayman i'd go for a used RS4 cabriolet, which in my opinion destroys them both in every respect. 'Coolest' car on the planet. Effortless.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #122
    thebears's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    85
    BORED.....













    BORED......









    BORED.......










    Only posting opionions of having driven them both and everyday experiences of driving.

    I have a Caterham CSR in the garage as a "play car" so do know a thing or too about driving front engine, rear wheel drive espcially on the track.

    As for its quicker than the M3. M5 etc etc read between the lines! At the right time in the right place all these cars are quicker than an S3. However driven incoreclty or not reading the road can cost you dearly. Thus taking advantage in the S3 and gaining passing etc.

    The thing with these forums they are all the same, you all think you have the better car syndrome, mine is better than yours, faster than yours BLAH BLAH BLAH.

    However when someone post real life stories you shoot them down as ******'s

    Each to their own and whatever rocks you boat and all that.!

    I wont loose any sleep............


    I'm shagging keira knightley later !!
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport - Currently Broken

  4. #123
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    betcha don't have a porsche, When Kiera and I went out, she thought porsche owners had small

    parts

  5. #124
    Ess_Three's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    5,385
    Hahahahahahah...
    thebears has a proper 'toys out of the pram' moment.
    Nice.


    Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

  6. #125
    windsurfer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Porto
    Posts
    1,327
    Can't believe what I read sometimes... really had to read twice some comments...

    S3 vs Porsche CS

    Is there anything to compare? I mean, they are two completely different products!! One is a normal hatchback, hotted up a little bit but still the basis is an A3/Golf, engineered with diferent perspectives/uses than a Cayman. I own an S3 and it is a car I enjoy but I know exactly its limitations. It is a nice all round fast car, not particularly envolving or enthusiasticly exciting. Takes me safely A-B be it motorway, B-road without getting 5 star marks anywhere...
    It is not to be compared with any Porsche, an M3 or M5 or others. S3 is a fast hothatch that is it!!! It is not even a proper trackday machine!

    Porsche, any of them, even though targetting different market niches are all engineered to give the most driver envolvment possible and chassiswise... no A3 is a match for those!! Some Porsches might be more enjoyable than others but comparing the purpose of Porsche engineering with VAG engineering seems to be a bit optimistic... Different companies different philosofies...

    I am not slagging the S3 afterall I have one and like it a lot!! But I would be very surprised if the TTS can give the same driving quality than a Porsche.

    I like Porsches, especially the Boxster or the Cayman, I think they are great and do not seem them as "couldn't afford a 911 cars" they are different niche cars. I wouldn't go for a 911 as I prefer a Ferrari or Lambo in that segment but I would sure consider a Boxster or a Cayman if I wanted a car with that spec...

    Mate, in my humble opinion... there isn't a dilemma here... go Porsche, can't go wrong.

    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

  7. #126
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    For the money we're talking about I'd go for a 2nd hand RS4, I dont like the TiTies image, and if you want more of a focused car like the cayman, there are other cars that offer much more for less.

    just my 2p.

  8. #127
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by thebears
    As for its quicker than the M3. M5 etc etc read between the lines! At the right time in the right place all these cars are quicker than an S3. However driven incoreclty or not reading the road can cost you dearly. Thus taking advantage in the S3 and gaining passing etc.

    The thing with these forums they are all the same, you all think you have the better car syndrome, mine is better than yours, faster than yours BLAH BLAH BLAH.

    However when someone post real life stories you shoot them down as ******'s

    Each to their own and whatever rocks you boat and all that.!

    I wont loose any sleep............


    I'm shagging keira knightley later !!
    in other words it more to do with the drivers than the cars?



    you change your argument more than my mrs!!

    WRT having the better car - unlikely, my daily driver is a 140bhp diesel, I'm hardly going to say it's the fastest thing on 4 wheels

    it's more down to the fact most of us can see sense whilst others just blindly post their opinions

    ps - Keira's OK if you like the skanky heroin chic look

  9. #128
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    cayman on 5th gear tonight

    Tiff Needel likes it

    Nuff said - should be the kiss of death for anycar
    Last edited by bacardi; 18th February 2008 at 22:50.

  10. #129
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi
    cayman on 5th gear tonight

    Tiff Needel likes it

    Nuff said - should be the kiss of death for anycar
    Saw that too, he didn't seem over the moon about it, said it was twitchy (not enough weight over the front axel) and was complaining about the lack of LSD. Out of the two cars I'd go for the 135, and thats saying something because in general I'm a bit of a BMW hater!

  11. #130
    john_cook's Avatar
    I was the STIG.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW
    I'd rather have a TT-S. Remap and you'll have 320bhp piss all over the cayman

    an extra 25 bhp ain't gonna piss on a cayman mate! Cayman will kick its ass in quailty of drive/feedback.


    Cooky


    A3 2.0 tdi sport (2005), Xenons, Bose, Leather/Alcantara, 19" replica RS6 alloys, Rieger front bumper/side skirts, Eibach 30mm springs, Caratere Rear Spoiler, Silver wing mirrors, powerflow twin exhaust tips, Alpine iDA-X001 iPod Ready headunit, amp and 1000 watt sub....

  12. #131
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by john_cook
    an extra 25 bhp ain't gonna piss on a cayman mate! Cayman will kick its ass in quailty of drive/feedback.


    Cooky
    To be fair, I should imagine in a straight line a chipped TT-S would easily out pace a cayman, but as you say, around the twisty stuff it would be a different matter all together.

  13. #132
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by thebears
    The thing with these forums they are all the same, you all think you have the better car syndrome, mine is better than yours, faster than yours BLAH BLAH BLAH.
    Brilliant

    Ring Ring, Ring Ring! Hello kettle, pot here, your black...

    LOL did you not post that your car is faster than m3's, m5's, 911's...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  14. #133
    CJP80's Avatar
    987C

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    To be fair, I should imagine in a straight line a chipped TT-S would easily out pace a cayman, but as you say, around the twisty stuff it would be a different matter all together.
    Well, since there aren't any corners in the UK, it'll have to be the TTS then. In fact, why don't we all get dragsters...brilliant in a straight line.

    I very much doubt the claim about straight line speed as well. I've got more than just a remap on my S3 and it's only tenths of a second quicker to 100 mph than the CS.

    MY S3 0-100mph 11.5s (and thats with 330bhp)
    S3 0-100mph 13.6s
    CS 0-100mph 11.7s
    TTS 0-100mph 13.0s (guess) Maybe a second off for the remap.
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

  15. #134
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    Out of the two cars I'd go for the 135, and thats saying something because in general I'm a bit of a BMW hater!
    I'm amazed by that.
    I watched it last night and simply couldn't fathom why anyone would even consider a 1 series coupe over the Cayman.
    Well, well, I guess I found one!
    I've seen a 1 series in the flesh, they're awful.
    Tiny cars, like they've been designed by japanese, for japanese.
    My colleague, all 6'4" of him, has ordered a 123D.
    He's going to look utterly ridiculous in one.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 19th February 2008 at 11:54.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  16. #135
    danotto's Avatar
    VAG HUNTER

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,084
    mate my dad had a caymen for a few weeks as a coutesy car as he works for porsche and i think they are superb i would choose one over any tt,IMO you have the speed the exterior looks and handling.The interior isnt great but neither is the tt.If i had the money to choose it would be the caymen s.
    Or as said before the rs4.
    A4 TDI S-LINE

  17. #136
    CJP80's Avatar
    987C

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I'm amazed by that.
    I watched it last night and simply couldn't fathom why anyone would even consider a 1 series coupe over the Cayman.
    Well, well, I guess I found one!
    I've seen a 1 series in the flesh, they're awful.
    Tiny cars, like they've been designed by japanese, for japanese.
    My colleague, all 6'4" of him, has ordered a 123D.
    He's going to look utterly ridiculous in one.
    OMG! For that kind of money I'd rather have a 320d! What a nutter!

    I'm sure the engine will be good, but evrytime he sees a three series he'll realise the error of his ways. I took a 335D out for a test drive a few weeks back. Fantastic car to drive. The 1 series on the other hand is a bit sh*t!
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

  18. #137
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by CJP80
    OMG! For that kind of money I'd rather have a 320d! What a nutter!

    I'm sure the engine will be good, but evrytime he sees a three series he'll realise the error of his ways. I took a 335D out for a test drive a few weeks back. Fantastic car to drive. The 1 series on the other hand is a bit sh*t!
    I can't wait to see my D3 next to his micro-car in the car park.
    As you say, I'm pretty sure I already know which one will get the most admiring glances.
    Honestly, the 1 series coupe is one ugly mo-fo....
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  19. #138
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I'm amazed by that.
    I watched it last night and simply couldn't fathom why anyone would even consider a 1 series coupe over the Cayman.
    Well, well, I guess I found one!
    I've seen a 1 series in the flesh, they're awful.
    Tiny cars, like they've been designed by japanese, for japanese.
    My colleague, all 6'4" of him, has ordered a 123D.
    He's going to look utterly ridiculous in one.
    I wouldnt get either, I'm just saying the 135 looks like it would be quite good fun.

  20. #139
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by CJP80
    Well, since there aren't any corners in the UK, it'll have to be the TTS then. In fact, why don't we all get dragsters...brilliant in a straight line.

    I very much doubt the claim about straight line speed as well. I've got more than just a remap on my S3 and it's only tenths of a second quicker to 100 mph than the CS.

    MY S3 0-100mph 11.5s (and thats with 330bhp)
    S3 0-100mph 13.6s
    CS 0-100mph 11.7s
    TTS 0-100mph 13.0s (guess) Maybe a second off for the remap.
    I'm not suggesting the TT is a better choice because its a couple of tenths quicker to 100, I really don't like TT's, I don't see the point, and I dislike the hairdresser image. Out of the two I'd have the cayman, but as I said before I recon a 2nd hand RS4 would be the best bet, or a Noble M12 if you don't mind no back seats and no luggage space.

  21. #140
    windsurfer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Porto
    Posts
    1,327
    A series 1 cabrio/coup or an A3 cabrio/coup for me is pushing the marketing to its limits!!!! I won't fall for those... they are ridiculous...

    If the cabrio can somehow have an explanation I cannot see the explanation of a Series 1 coupe.... some people fall for it...

    About hairdressers cars.... that is another ridiculous thing... When I buy a car is because I like it not because what others might think of me if I drive one.... And certainly I wouldn't stop buying the car I like just because Puff Daddy or God knows who has one.... The same applies to "poor man Porsches..."

    If people are humble and normal those considerations should't really matter when buying a car... By the other hand if you are buying a car having its depreciation in account so you won't loose lots of money when selling it (although you always will... worst investment ever)... just go to Which Car? and let them choose for you....

    Get the car you like the most... you are going to live with it everyday... For me I would get the Cayman, but both of them will be fine, pick the one you like the most.

    Pedro
    Last edited by newbiecrg; 19th February 2008 at 12:45.
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

  22. #141
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg
    When I buy a car is because I like it not because what others might think of me if I drive one
    I know what you're trying to say, but image does have a lot to do with your car choice, I guarantee it.
    For example, take my mother's Micra.
    It's great fun to drive, it really is.
    I thrashed it senseless over the cairn o' mount road near here a few weeks back (very mountainous road) , and I had a grin on my face that would be hard to match in many a more expensive car.
    However, no amount of fun can make up for the fact that you are a grown man in a Micra, so you look a plum.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  23. #142
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Whens the D3 arriving bowfer?

  24. #143
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I'm amazed by that.
    I watched it last night and simply couldn't fathom why anyone would even consider a 1 series coupe over the Cayman.
    Well, well, I guess I found one!
    I've seen a 1 series in the flesh, they're awful.
    Tiny cars, like they've been designed by japanese, for japanese.
    My colleague, all 6'4" of him, has ordered a 123D.
    He's going to look utterly ridiculous in one.
    Bowfer was that the 135i you saw? I haven't seen one the flesh but been looking at loads of pictures and reading all the reviews and I'm really starting to like this car. I think it's a bit different and has character.. Must be great to drive also seriously quick. It's also the in the same Co2 tax bracket as the S3. Pretty impressive for a 6 cylinder 300hp engine..

    http://www.edbmw.com/blog/2008/02/18...-photo-gallery

  25. #144
    thebears's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    Brilliant

    Ring Ring, Ring Ring! Hello kettle, pot here, your black...

    LOL did you not post that your car is faster than m3's, m5's, 911's...
    NO

    I posted

    i suspect it will show a cayman a good run for its money. I certainly can in the S3 even against M5's M3's 911's espcically on a fine damp morning.

    Syaing that the S3 will show the likes of the M5's etc a good show, not its quicker, better, faster just that in the right conditions with the right driver and roads you can show up some more faster, powerful cars.

    So no i did not post my car is faster, read the post
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport - Currently Broken

  26. #145
    windsurfer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Porto
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    However, no amount of fun can make up for the fact that you are a grown man in a Micra, so you look a plum.
    I have to agree bowfer... that was a good example but I was talking about the "hairdressers code" and the "poor man Porsche"...

    In this case not buying a TT because you don't like it, it's fine, but not buying a TT because "hairdressers have them" seems utterly ridiculous!!!! The same applies to the Cayman... not buying because people might think you could not afford a 911....silly if you ask me!

    If I was looking for a mid engine sports cars, loaded or not, the Cayman would make perfect sense, for me that is.... But if I wanted a 911 and bought a Cayman because could not afford a 911 I would simply buy something else that I liked and could afford instead of getting "second choice"

    In the end I believe it is human nature.... not being happy with what you have! I am no different but I try to be happy with my choices....

    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

  27. #146
    windsurfer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Porto
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by thebears
    Syaing that the S3 will show the likes of the M5's etc a good show, not its quicker, better, faster just that in the right conditions with the right driver and roads you can show up some more faster, powerful cars.
    That's is all fine.... what if the other cars have the right driver as well? Country road or not... a M3 or M5 will smoke our S3 anytime mate... get real...

    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

  28. #147
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkins
    Bowfer was that the 135i you saw?
    No idea, it was just sitting there in the BMW showroom, looking like a pedal car.



    Last edited by Amchlolor; 19th February 2008 at 13:35.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  29. #148
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    Saw that too, he didn't seem over the moon about it, said it was twitchy (not enough weight over the front axel) and was complaining about the lack of LSD. Out of the two cars I'd go for the 135, and thats saying something because in general I'm a bit of a BMW hater!
    he wasn't testing a CS IIRC

    different set ups between C and CS

  30. #149
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by thebears
    NO

    I posted

    i suspect it will show a cayman a good run for its money. I certainly can in the S3 even against M5's M3's 911's espcically on a fine damp morning.

    Syaing that the S3 will show the likes of the M5's etc a good show, not its quicker, better, faster just that in the right conditions with the right driver and roads you can show up some more faster, powerful cars.

    So no i did not post my car is faster, read the post

    Semantics
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  31. #150
    thebears's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    Semantics
    But true
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport - Currently Broken

  32. #151
    klauster's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    For the money we're talking about I'd go for a 2nd hand RS4, I dont like the TiTies image, and if you want more of a focused car like the cayman, there are other cars that offer much more for less.

    just my 2p.
    I did, and have no regrets what so ever!


  33. #152
    klauster's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,140
    a lot of people being a bit harsh in this thread... when i had my remapped S3, if u caught it just right it was bloody quick (in s straight line) cornering was poor to be honest, my old Mkiv R32 was far superior for cornering...

    I dont think ive read anything in this thread which I actually disagree with, its all just different peoples perspectives, and have found myself nodding to many of the comments.

    Still... I wouldnt buy either

  34. #153
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    ha ha! your funny. neither would i, i'd rather have an R8 lmao

  35. #154
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    a lot of people being a bit harsh in this thread... when i had my remapped S3, if u caught it just right it was bloody quick (in s straight line) cornering was poor to be honest, my old Mkiv R32 was far superior for cornering...
    I've never said the S3 isn't a quick car in standard or remapped form. I'm just laughing at people who think it is the fastest car on road.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  36. #155
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    571
    Question for the mods :-

    Is there a good reason why a thread discussing the relative merits of the tiTTy and a porka is not moved to the 'Other makes' forum ?

    This is an A3 forum after all, or am I missing something ?

  37. #156
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by mfspen

    This is an A3 forum after all, or am I missing something ?
    You're missing the fact the other forums often have tumbleweed blowing across them.
    I tend to ask non-A3 related things here, because I'm unlikely to get an answer/discussion anywhere else.
    They're all driving related.
    If you think of the internet as a virtual pub, then conversations will wander.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  38. #157
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    You're missing the fact the other forums often have tumbleweed blowing across them.
    I tend to ask non-A3 related things here, because I'm unlikely to get an answer/discussion anywhere else.
    They're all driving related.
    If you think of the internet as a virtual pub, then conversations will wander.
    A bit of wandering is OK, but I think this thread started off in the wrong pub !


  39. #158
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by mfspen
    A bit of wandering is OK, but I think this thread started off in the wrong pub !

    I think TT owners prefer 'wrong pubs'....if you get my drift...
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  40. #159
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    hello sailor!!

  41. #160
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by sleep envy
    hello sailor!!
    Ship ahoy! on the chocolate star-board port!

    Hehehe

    Sorry!

    p

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO