Exhaust - what do you reckon ?

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
Since I cannot be bothered - at the moment, to fit a milltek exhaust i'm going for the next best option. That is to do something with the standard bent exhausts on the 2.0 TDi 140.

I can either go for something like the 2.0t or the 170 TDi but I think they are a touch too small.

As for style, i'm torn between slash cut, oval, or round. Obviously it will be two pipes as thats whats standard.

Anyone have any suggestions ? I like the ovals as per AMG mercs but they are a touch too big !

I like the S3 like twin round.... (partial opinion... eheheh) Don't you need a DPF to be able to have straight pipes instead of bent ones? I mean, to be legal?

I though they were bent so particles were not "sprayed" to the atmosphere... maybe I am mistaken.

Pedro

No idea of the leaglities, but if that was the case miltek wouldn't do the exhaust. The actual exhasut on the 2.0 is straight, its only the chrome finishers that are directed downwards. I need to go and find a Mondeo ST TDCi, these have a slash cut end but direct the soot downwards.