Which Wheels!!

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Christ. I really need some feeback here guys. I have just had a call from the wheel shop telling me that they have really nice S5 replicas in stock if I want them. I had ordered RS4 replicas for my A3 but I'm now tempted by these things as they are less common.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianmlau/1556186988/

Remember that the wheels will be 18" because of the road conditions here.

I must make a decision by morning.

If you were me, which would you go for?

If it were me, I'd probably go for the S5s...

...Without wanting to start any arguments or throw you into indecisive termoil though, wouldn't it be better if you decided which ones you like the most though?

After all, we're not the ones who'll see them every morning when the curtains are opened...

Anyway, as I say, S5s if it was my car, hope you make a choice you're happy with :)

Regards,

Rob.

RS4's, unfortunately a lot of them about but they still look the biz.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been known to make some pretty horrendous choices in the past re wheels. Nice to hear that RS4s are still desirable.

I'm not sure the S5's would suit the A3, The RS4's would though. Do you want Audi replicas or would you look at other aftermarket alloys ? There are some nice OZ alloys out there and TSW have some nice designs.

I'd definitely be dubious about them on an 8L, but I think they would suit an 8P. I guess they aren't quite as subtle as RS4s though...

Regards,

Rob.

RS4 for me. The S5's nice but in 18" may look to small for this design of wheel and not sure they would look so good on an A3. The 18" RS4's maybe more common but would look better out of the two. IMO.

Thanks a lot everybody for all your opinions.

I also felt that the S5 wheel might like a bit small in 18".

I've decided to go for the RS4s as there are no Audis about here nevermind too many replicas!!

Cheers.

i would have gone with the S5 ones they look mint....how much would a set of those cost?

RS4's.

Yes they are common but they are common for a reason - they look good.

S3 wheels? mine are growing on me by the day , i don't think i'm gonna change now!

I was thinking of RS4 wheels they look smart , but IMHO they are common , not just on Audi's , i think it's only a matter of time before they pop up on Corsa's, VTR's, and Nova's !

RS4's out of the two tho!

p

Audi TTS wheels to be different lol

auditts.jpg

Sportec Mono 10's if you have deep pockets!

MTM's?

Some form of BBS rim - you can get BBS LM replicas handy enough

S3 wheels? mine are growing on me by the day , i don't think i'm gonna change now!

Phantom.
I was the same. I wasn't stuck on the S3 wheel initally. I wanted RS4's but couldn't/Audi UK wouldn't get. Too long a story. Have begun to really like the S3 wheels now and they are exclusive to S3 so happy with them. Got my poor boys wheel sealant to apply now. Shame weather crap this weekend or i would be onto it.

GlasgowRangers said:
I've decided to go for the RS4s as there are no Audis about here nevermind too many replicas!!

Good choice mate.. RS4 rims will suit an A3 all day long :)

Tried and tested :zen: ..

-Sal-

JimmyJames said:

Phantom.
I was the same. I wasn't stuck on the S3 wheel initally. I wanted RS4's but couldn't/Audi UK wouldn't get. Too long a story. Have begun to really like the S3 wheels now and they are exclusive to S3 so happy with them. Got my poor boys wheel sealant to apply now. Shame weather crap this weekend or i would be onto it.

Mine have grown on me too but I still consider changing them for something lighter in weight. I have contacted various companies to try and get the standard wheel 'polished' or diamond cut but no-one seems interested :(