Not a happy Bunny - Just spoke to Audi

dobber

Reaction score
I just bought a A3 170ps Quattro Sline. (2nd Hand- Demo:wtf: :rtfm: ) It had a GSM kit fitted to the dash. Just got a Blackberry from work and low and behold Audi dont supply the cradle - becasue they have fallen out with blackberry and i quote

"Will not release an information relating to Balckberry products"

Where does this leave me know - £300 for a new in car kit - not happy at all!!

Use Bluetooth to connect the Blackberry to the phone kit - all the recent Audi phone kits have Bluetooth but some are coded with it turned off (don't ask why - there's no good reason).

how do i know if its got bluetooth? Its not got the controls on the steering wheel and just has a standard symphony stereo - 6 disk changer, tape and Ipod?

Sorry to hear of your problems, i had the same problems getting a cradle, If they ever do make the cradle you will prob be changing your phone by that time.
When you turn the ignition to stage one you need to find the bluetooth setting on the blackberry and do a search for devices it should then find the vehicle, you will then be asked for a pin 1234 or 0000. Make sure you set the blackberry to automatically connect otherwise each time you turn on your ignition you will have to accept the connection on the blackberry.

Think you can only find the device with the ignition on stage one (i think) To answer the phone you can use the buttom on the bottom of the cradle.

With regard to the cradle on the dash you could then remove this, but you will be left with a hole. You could then fit a different cradle to charge the phone. BUT if you remove the cradle you will have no buttom to answer. To get around this you can either fit a MFSW (multi function steering wheel) or choose the route i took.
On the dash is a blank switch next to the ESP switch, i purchased a spare switch from audi and wired this into the button on the bottom of the cradle which i hid under the dash.

Hope this all make sense

^^^^^^^^^^^^When you take off the cradle from the dash how big is the hole? are we talking 5p size or 5 mil ?

Ive got the cradle on the dash and i hate it, i use bluetooth so no need for it , if it's only a tiny hole i'll tale it off for now and put it back on when it's time to move the car on!

p

If it has the cradle ont he dash it has bluetooth.

But if trying to connect - the bluetooth in the car is only discoverable for about 20 seconds after you turn the ignition on, so have your phone set up to be paired and turn the ignition on at the same time as you kick off the pairing process

phantom said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^When you take off the cradle from the dash how big is the hole? are we talking 5p size or 5 mil ?

Ive got the cradle on the dash and i hate it, i use bluetooth so no need for it , if it's only a tiny hole i'll tale it off for now and put it back on when it's time to move the car on!

p

Agreed, no cradle for mine either and dash thingy looks naff, i believe Audi now put this in the arm rest which is a far better idea.

Anyone took one off ?

phantom said:
When you take off the cradle from the dash how big is the hole? are we talking 5p size or 5 mil ?

p

More like 2p size with two additional smaller holes which are used to bolt the cradle through the dash.
Without replacing the whole dash there is no easy way to remove the hole.

As shown in the picture I mounted my Dension ipod cradle over the hole. (At least in covers the hole and gets rid of the cradle) I know some people wount like the ipod cradle stuck on the dash but at least you get easy access to it.

dobber said:
how do i know if its got bluetooth?
It's got Bluetooth - no question. All the phone modules fitted to the 8P A3 have Bluetooth.

If you can't get your phone to pair with the car (as described earlier you need to do this soon after turning on the ignition) then you'll need to get someone to check/correct the coding of the phone module - sometimes Audi disable the Bluetooth when a cradle is fitted..

Get rid of that craddle!!! doesn't suit the dashboard at all!! Personal view!! That is why went for bluetooh and craddle in armrest (which I never use!!)

Pedro

PetrolDave said:
It's got Bluetooth - no question. All the phone modules fitted to the 8P A3 have Bluetooth..

The very very early phone modules fitted to 8P A3's had no bluetooth. My A3 is 2004 it had all the audi phone prep, cradle etc but no bluetooth. I had to upgrade the module under the seat.

But like PetrolDave said it may just be deactivated you will need someone with VAGCOM to check.

Where are you based dobber, i am sure there is someone on here with VAGCOM

newbiecrg said:
Get rid of that craddle!!! doesn't suit the dashboard at all!! Personal view!! That is why went for bluetooh and craddle in armrest (which I never use!!)

Pedro

Thats what i/we want to do , but i don't want a 2p sized hole or have the money to replace the dash!

p

mattandrew said:
The very very early phone modules fitted to 8P A3's had no bluetooth. My A3 is 2004 it had all the audi phone prep, cradle etc but no bluetooth. I had to upgrade the module under the seat.

But like PetrolDave said it may just be deactivated you will need someone with VAGCOM to check.

Where are you based dobber, i am sure there is someone on here with VAGCOM

Edinburgh.

I just manged to get the phone to find bluetooth but it will not pair up - it keeps rejecting - i tried both passcode and the 0000 took 6-8 secs to reject - the other one rejected instantly. Any suggestions - also i might be being stupid but once connected by bluetooth then i can use the phone itself in handsfree?? But cant seem to see a microphone???

Please help:sorry: :scared2:

dobber said:
once connected by bluetooth then i can use the phone itself in handsfree?? But cant seem to see a microphone???
The default passcode is 1234, but it can be changed using VAG-COM.

Yes you can use the phone in hands-free.

The microphone is fitted behind one of the grilles in the interior light - that's why you can't see it.

mattandrew said:

Here's the full list of phone modules (taken from the Quick Links on www.navplus.us):

PHONE INTERFACE BOX Full functionality unless shown otherwise
8E0 862 335 <MY 2005.5 A4 (US) - no Bluetooth
8P0 862 335 <MY 2004 A3 - Basic functionality only
8P0 862 335 A MY 2004 A3/A4 - Basic functionality only
8P0 862 335 D MY 2005 A4 >8E-5-533 000 - Basic functionality only
8P0 862 335 E MY 2005 A4 8E-5-533 001>>8E-5-600 000 - Basic functionality only
8P0 862 335 C MY 2006 A4 8E-6-000 001/8E-6-800 001>>
8P0 862 335 B MY 2006 A3/A4 (US)
8P0 862 335 F MY 2006.5 A3/A4 (Europe)
8P0 862 335 G MY 2006.5 A4 (US)
8P0 862 335 M MY 2007 (Europe)
8P0 862 335 J MY 2007 (US)
8P0 862 335 H MY 2007.5 (Europe)
8P0 862 335 L MY 2008 (US)
8P0 862 335 K MY 2008 (Europe, sw 0340) -> may get replaced under warranty due to faulty firmware (see here for details)
8P0 862 335 Q MY 2008 (Europe, sw 0350)
8P0 862 335 R MY 2008 (North America)

The only version that doesn't have Bluetooth is the 8P0 8632 335 (no suffix letter).
If you have an RNS-E avoid this version and the A, D & E versions also (you won't get call lists and phone book transfer to the RNS-E with those versions).