Sports and S-Line Suspension

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Does anybody know how much the standard sports suspension on the A3 drops the car? Is the S-Line suspension much lower? Does anybody know the actual figures? Are we talking a really small difference here?

These halfwits at Audi are now saying that I will invalidate my warranty if I install the Abt springs I had purchased for my car.

Am I better off getting the Audi S-Line suspension or just leaving it with the normal sports suspension. I'm not really bothered about sacrificing ride comfort...I just want to get rid of the wheel gap. Is the wheel gap really huge with the sports suspension?

I don't want to look like I'm driving a tractor.

Ger,
I believe S-Line suspension is 25mm below a standard A3 and an S3 is 35mm below a standard A3. Don't know if thats any help.

As above, yes aftermarket springs will invalidate the warranty as will fitting S Line springs, although they will only affect items directly associated with replacing the springs, so that would be the shocks and suspension bushes. It wouldn't invalidate the engine for example.

in addition
sport suspension is -15mm
s-line -25mm
s3 -35mm

all compared to standard / SE

all aftermarket spring drops are quoted relative to standard, so a 35mm drop eibach spring should end up the same as the standard s3

SteveTDCi said:
As above, yes aftermarket springs will invalidate the warranty as will fitting S Line springs, although they will only affect items directly associated with replacing the springs, so that would be the shocks and suspension bushes. It wouldn't invalidate the engine for example.

As far as I was lead to believe everything would be covered under warranty as long as it was a proper Audi part?? Including S Line Springs.

J

Is that what your dealer said ? if they did get it in writting just to cover yourself.