De-Badged Photoshop

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Peeps :jump:

This is in relation to the 'Pic Request' thread I posted yesterday, my apologises if this has been covered before.

Before

Akoyarear.jpg

After

After.jpg

(Ignore the lowering/reg - its just the de-badge I want you to look at)

And again in this lovely white A3 here

De-Badged.jpg

I just think it makes the back of the car look very "CLEAN" and will certainly be carrying it out on my car when it arrives! Nice to here what you all think.

Thanks N8. :hi:

Not sure, it looks good on the white but not sure on the Akoya Silver, perhaps it just the angle. Although debadging will make the bake end easier to clean !

i like the idea of taking the other badges off but would keep the audi one

I removed the A3 and the 2.0TDi when I took delivery of the car but left the four rings because I think it looks kind of odd without these.

I prefer it with the badges.
Some people use the term 'clean', I would use the word 'bare'.
I have no problem people knowing what I drive.
I'm not into making people 'guess', or (worse) trying to hide something.
Like the bloke who drives a debadged 318 near where I live.
Come on mate, we can see the peashooter exhaust.
Don't be embarrassed.:)

Thats a good point bowfer. Some people de-badge because they have something to hide. Where as I want to do it because I prefer the look of the car without the badges

bowfer said:

Ahahaha lol.

Keep the rings but you can get rid of the rest =)

N8KOW said:
Thats a good point bowfer. Some people de-badge because they have something to hide. Where as I want to do it because I prefer the look of the car without the badges

Yeah, but if I'm behind you I'll assume it's because you're ashamed..:icon_thumright:

bowfer said:

Or worse still, sticking an M badge on it too. Loved the peashooter comment ROFL!

L60N said:
Or worse still, sticking an M badge on it too. Loved the peashooter comment ROFL!

that is soooo more annoying than taking badges off!
putting badges on when it is not, like turbo badges its just embarrassing does make me laugh though:)

marriedblonde said:
Although you get an M badge with all the M sport models as standard ;)

Missing my point totally.

Im not referencing my total misunderstanding the BMW badging system (of which im fairly aux faix)

Im referencing blatant bogstandard 318 saloons, with no stantard m trim, just the badge that has been stuck in place of the model number.

Or even worse STILL...... buying and m3 number plate :p (M3 BSO) for example.

The look of the car without the badge does enhance the appearance imo. I think it makes it look sleeker somehow.

If your car has twin exhausts then you have nothing to worry about. People will still know it is a powerful car.

I'm glad I've seen that ibis like that, as it make me appreciate my badges more. ;) It looks very blank, though of course its all down to personal taste. I too whenever I see a beemer or the like with no badges assume that its a pimed out low power machine though clearly not always the case.

If I followed the silver car Id devo be thinking smaller engine, it kinda suits the white more for some reason tho??

OH, nice edit BTW. ;)

I'd have gloss black badges, well the audi one. The 2.0 TDi section, I might change the i to the red one.

Me and Kontraband are in the same canoe :friends:

Were gonna have a white march :rockwoot:

N8, are you going for tints and darkened light clusters too?

bowfer said:
Yeah, but if I'm behind you I'll assume it's because you're ashamed..:icon_thumright:

Well you live in Scotland, so you won't be behind me and also like I said I'm de-badging for cosmetic reasons, not because I'll be ashamed of my very capable 2.0 TDI :icon_thumright:

I debadged mine the week I got it,
left the Audi Rings on though,

I prefer the cleaner look and am not really fussed if people think I'm trying to hide anything,

If they don't know its an A3 then they don't know anything about cars so it doesnt matter

If they are dumb enough to think its anything other than a soot chucker with the downturned pipes bags of smoke everytime I start it then they shouldnt have a driving license

JohnS3 said:
N8, are you going for tints and darkened light clusters too?

I'm going for 35% all the way round, which will look nice - imo, not the dark clusters, shades did the photoshop for me and added it, hence why I said ignore those. As for the height, looks lovely to me. But thanks John, your opinion is always welcome. :hi:

bacardi said:
If they are dumb enough to think its anything other than a soot chucker with the downturned pipes bags of smoke everytime I start it then they shouldnt have a driving license

Really? I doubt most women would be able to tell, oh hang on thats not a good example, I doubt most people that arent interested in cars wouldn't be able to tell...

L60N said:
Me and Kontraband are in the same canoe :friends:

Were gonna have a white march :rockwoot:

Yes we are.... and Im devo going for the free umbrella too! :kissmyrings:

DSC_0047.jpg

This is mine with de badged rear i much prefer it now less cluttered just need a bung so i can remove the wiper aswell

From these pics. i like it without rings, very different not seen any in my area without the rings.

Mitch has taken the rings off his tailgate. Looks good!

I just like the clean look instead. Just goes to show with cars, someone may think a mod is "great" another person thinks its "horrible" as long as the owner is happy, thats all that matters

I like the look of it bare, but I think it gives out the wrong impression to other people and won't be doing it to mine.

bacardi said:
I debadged mine the week I got it,
left the Audi Rings on though,

I prefer the cleaner look and am not really fussed if people think I'm trying to hide anything,

If they don't know its an A3 then they don't know anything about cars so it doesnt matter

Not all diesels have downturned pipes now matey