A3 2004 Door lock problem...Help!

omegaman

Reaction score
Car: Audi A3 1.6 BGU Special Edition (2004)

Hi All!

Heres my problem!

Currently noticed that the internal monitoring on/off switch at the edge of the drivers side door panel isn't working?

I have also the problem with the central locking system locking even after the drivers door is opened? little bit worried cause knowing my luck i'll have my keys in the car and forget about the problem! The buzzer that warns me when my lights are still on when leaving the car isn't working!

I reckon the door lock mechanism is playing up, maybe the micro switch sensors aren't detecting the door is open therefore the buzzer doesn't give me warning, also the INTERIOR light doesn't come on when the door is opened, if i do this to the passenger door the light comes on. am also coming to the conclusion that the interior monitor switches aren't working because the electronics think the door is closed therefore the switch isn't active in that state, really not sure if am right on that one...just some outta the box thinking....

Any one out there that can help me with some advice then let me know, Private email is c_tang_is@hotmail.com

look forward to your replies!!:keule:

i've ordered a VAGCOM just need to get software and help on that topic would be useful.

Cheers
:rockwoot:

Sounds like you're on the right track, if the door lock is the same as the 8L, the micro switch is built into the door catch inside the door. It's a bit fiddly to take it out, but if you want to save a trip to the dealer you can strip the door, take out the switch and test it with a multimeter. If you need a new one then you have to replace the full door catch mechanism which is around £50 IIRC.

Hope this helps.

Any luck solving the problem?
I have the exact same issues, my passenger door always appears closed on the DIS and the footwell light doesn't come on when i open it.
The only way to solve it is switching the whole mechanism?
Thanks.

Any luck solving the problem?
I have the exact same issues, my passenger door always appears closed on the DIS and the footwell light doesn't come on when i open it.
The only way to solve it is switching the whole mechanism?
Thanks.

Paul, this thread is 4 years old !! Chances are they disappeared years ago !

Post a new thread detailing the exact problem but before you do, please do a search because many similar problems have been discussed recently.

Hi,

I know I am digging up a old thread but I have the same issue.

I have a 2004 8p A3 which does not detect if the drivers door is opened. When the passenger door is opened it is detected on the DIS, however when the drivers door is opened the DIS does not detect the door.

As such the buzzer for the lights or the footwell light does not turn on.

Does anybody know the part I need ?

Regards,
Areeb

New door lock with contact switch required unless you can strip out the old switch and fix it ! The switch is not available separately.

Part number depends on your chassis number and whether its 3 door or sportback.

Cost is either £110 or £130 depending on part required.