Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Flat Out

Status

Will Seat Altea Coilovers fit my 8P?

Tempted to buy coilovers for my car, an 8P 2003 A3 TDI Sport. They are currently in a Seat Altea and have the 54mm thick shocks.

Thanks

Jen
    Turbo Petrol to Turbo Dervvvvvvv

2. # ADS
    ADS

GlasgowRangersFC

Status

Springs

I'm not sure if the Seat Altea has the exact same suspension components as the A3 8P but I was told that I will be able to transfer the Abt springs from my MkV Golf over to my Audi without any bother. The car should gain the exact same drop according to the VW and Audi mechanics I spoke to. I also contacted Abt directly in Germany and they told me that as long as both cars have the same front axle load ie no more than 1020kgs there would be ZERO problems.

My advice is to ask a Seat/VW/Audi mechanic if the parts are compatible. You could also contact the manufacturers of the coilovers to see what they say. Always ask for professional advice and the experience of others before installing or changing something that you might have doubts about.

Cheers
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

Flat Out

Status
    Yup have to ask about tomorrow, thanks for your reply. I imagine the suspension will be similar to the mk5, will phone FK or local dealers, fingers crossed

GlasgowRangersFC

Status

Suspension

Did you find out if you could swap them over?
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

Flat Out

Status
    I phoned round a few places and the codes are obviously different for both the Seat and Audi suspension, such as "SExxxxx" and "Auxxxx" so that determines very little. Visited Audi and Seat and they were both good enough to print out the exploaded view of the standard suspension in both cars, from the Etka system. Can't determine much from the diagrams either, so will just have to try and fit the suspension, which isn't an ideal way of finding out!
    Last edited by Red Head; 28th January 2008 at 13:23.

GlasgowRangersFC

Status

Springs

Good luck. Fingers crossed for you mate.