Will Seat Altea Coilovers fit my 8P?

Red Head

Flat Out
Reaction score
Tempted to buy coilovers for my car, an 8P 2003 A3 TDI Sport. They are currently in a Seat Altea and have the 54mm thick shocks.

Thanks

Jen

I'm not sure if the Seat Altea has the exact same suspension components as the A3 8P but I was told that I will be able to transfer the Abt springs from my MkV Golf over to my Audi without any bother. The car should gain the exact same drop according to the VW and Audi mechanics I spoke to. I also contacted Abt directly in Germany and they told me that as long as both cars have the same front axle load ie no more than 1020kgs there would be ZERO problems.

My advice is to ask a Seat/VW/Audi mechanic if the parts are compatible. You could also contact the manufacturers of the coilovers to see what they say. Always ask for professional advice and the experience of others before installing or changing something that you might have doubts about.

Cheers

Yup have to ask about tomorrow, thanks for your reply. I imagine the suspension will be similar to the mk5, will phone FK or local dealers, fingers crossed

I phoned round a few places and the codes are obviously different for both the Seat and Audi suspension, such as "SExxxxx" and "Auxxxx" so that determines very little. Visited Audi and Seat and they were both good enough to print out the exploaded view of the standard suspension in both cars, from the Etka system. Can't determine much from the diagrams either, so will just have to try and fit the suspension, which isn't an ideal way of finding out!