Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Flashing DSG display

Hope you guys can advise,

Got into car yesterday ,fired her up - 2.0 TDi 2005, 50k miles - slipped her into "D" and pulled away. Looked at dash and the gear display was flashing and has been doing it ever since. Does not seem down on power and gearbox performs perfectly both in auto and with paddles. Car is booked in with dealer next Wednesday so wondered if anybody had experienced this before and have any advice. Oil & filter changed at correct time of 40k miles.
    Although just 3 years old I have the Audi 2nd hand warrenty as I only bought the car last November so if it is serious then I should be covered - fingers crossed.

seems to be a bit of info on VW-UK-mk1vs forum but wondered what this forum has to say

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have DSG but have not encountered your problem, so have no idea, but when you find out, post it up, mine is now past it 3rd year also but without warrenty.
    S-Line

cabriolet

Status
    on my brothers e46 m3 with an smg box,he had the exact same thing and it turned out to be a bonet sensor believe it or not.
    may be completely different on an audi but may be worth a look.
    lea
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

dbm
    3rd Gear

Status
    I experienced that with my DSG, though I had been cruising at about 120 for the previous half an hour. I slowed down for about 5 minutes and it stopped flashing, with no obvious ill effects. I took it to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. It hasn't happened since.

Cheers
    Dan

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had this problem with my car, the day i picked it up a month ago, yesterday! Turns out mine was part of the selector mechanism that was at fault, which Audi replaced under warranty, so if i was you i'd get it in asap! Seems after a bit of googling it's common-ish problem also, mainly with the 3.2 TTs though...

Cheers,

Mike
    2005 2.0tdi DSG S-Line A3