AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    On Boost

Status

Tyre help!!!!!!!

I have a puncture , i'm on my wat to the nearest tyre place, if i need a new tyre do i have to replace both tyres on that axel?

I have Quattro!

Thanks

p

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    No it will be ok to replace one.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

On Boost

Status
    I had to replace the tyre , they had about 3mil on them , so i replaced them both!

Mitchalin sport ps2 £320 fitted! Good?

p

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandle
    No it will be ok to replace one.
    I thought the 'counsel of perfection' was all four at once on a Quattro, with a pair as a minimum (unless of course the survivor is 'nearly new')?

L60N
    Robbed. Always try blackcircles.com first

trouble is your local fitting centre may have to wait to get them in so in your case, it may have been the only option to get them done where u did.

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N
    Robbed. Always try blackcircles.com first

trouble is your local fitting centre may have to wait to get them in so in your case, it may have been the only option to get them done where u did.
    I needed tyres today, i thought it may of only been a slow puncture!

I only paid 24pound more at National tyres than blackcircles could do em for! not bad really! Oh and i got the warrenty free, free puncture repair for the life of the tyres, if they cant fix the puncture , they will give me a new tyre, or 3/4,1/2,/1/4 off the replacement depending on the tread!

p
    Last edited by phantom; 24th January 2008 at 18:12.

6th Gear

Status
    yeah, Id be happy to pay £24 extra to get them there and then and the 'additions'

6th Gear

Status
    I think its only advisable to replace all four at once on a permanent four wheel system. Quattro is predominantly front wheel drive until tyre slip so only changing one should be ok. I have done this on my current S3 and previous 2 8L S'3s with no problems.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

2nd Gear

Status
    How long you had your car Phantom?

3mm left on the tyre, what is on from new, is it 5 or 6 mm??
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

1st Gear

Status
    new ones 'should be' 8mm. The P Zero Rosso's on my car were a bit under 8mm at 25 miles!

5th Gear

Status
    More often than not when you get tyres from online it doesn't work out any cheaper than buying from a garage as you still have to pay for someone to fit and balance them. Only really works if you know someone that can fit them for cheap or nothing at all
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    I had to replace the tyre , they had about 3mil on them , so i replaced them both!

Mitchalin sport ps2 320 fitted! Good?

p

I just got a michelin PS2 fitted for 135 all in 225/40/18 92Y XL
    2004 AUDI A3 S-LINE DSG TDi
    MAURITIUS BLUE
    2005 BMW 120d M Sport 163+
    BLACK SAPPHIRE

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I'm gettin falkens for £105.40 on a 235/35/19 when I get my rims on there

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

L60N
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    More often than not when you get tyres from online it doesn't work out any cheaper than buying from a garage as you still have to pay for someone to fit and balance them. Only really works if you know someone that can fit them for cheap or nothing at all
    Not with Black circles, the price you pay includes fitting & balancing etc. Blackcircles use approved fitting centres around the UK, for example mine is Niddvale Vauxhall in Harrogate, a huge workshop with a large stock of tyres.

My comment regarding having to possibly wait for a tyre was meant really to cover the possibility of somebody wanting an unusual size. Trust me, eveytime ive ordered a tyre through black circles, ive merely had to ring niddvale with the order ref and go have it fitted, its that simple.

And no, i dont work for them , im just a very satisfied customer

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout99
    I just got a michelin PS2 fitted for 135 all in 225/40/18 92Y XL
    Michelin pilot sport ps2 X 2 , 320 quid fitted and warrenty , dont forget i only went in for a slow puncture , so i had no choice!

So when you way it up, it's not a bad price for decent tyre's OFF THE PEG!

p