AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

uprated Intercooler

I am unsure if this is the right area but here goes

I am currently lookign at getting my 2.0TDI mapped and i have got it sorted with the map but before i get it done i want to get a new intercooler and uprated ( larger) one.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?. and a rough price i am looking at ?.. i have someone in Lincoln ( where i live ) to be able to do all the nessecary piping changes ( If needed)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    Which model and year?

Regards,

Rob
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

1st Gear

Status
    A3 2004 2.0 TDI 140bhp model 8p shape.

5th Gear

Status
    Allard are your best bet, but you need to decide what you want from the car, an uprated intercooler isn't going to be much use unless you intend to change the turbo ... injectors .. etc

1st Gear

Status
    am possibley looking at upgradgin the turbo but wanting to up the intercooler and get the map on it first..

what is the best way to do it ?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You don't need to uprate the intercooler unless your going serious BHP Kev . So as mentioned. You uprate the intercooler AFTER you've done the turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    I'd go air filter + exhaust then intercooler + turbo then have it custom mapped. Sort the brakes and suspension first though.

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    Evening Kev... As said earlier mate, i dont think its going to be that important unless running major power.. The amount it will cost i would put it towards something else... like Just bigger stoppers

2002 S3, Project 400, New Build In Progress, I.E 2.0 stoker kit, Big Port AGU Head, Ferrea Valves retainers, springs etc, GT30 compact, Pagparts Manifold, AH Front Mount Version 2, Genesis 550cc Injectors, 044 Fuel pump in I.E Surge Tank, Revo Stage 3 Software, Porsche Brakes, work in progress

4th Gear

Status
    i spoke to allards about this - they wouldnt upgrade the intercooler on my 2005 pd140 even with one of their vt2 hybrid turbo upgrades doing 220hp or the vt5 doing 240-250hp - the only thing they suggested was uprated intercooler pipes because in theory the factory pipes take a restrictive pathway, but he had no evidence that it was necessary
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Allard said to me the intercooler is quite big on the 2.0tdi. My cousin has a standard intercooler on his TT running 330bhp, everything else is uprated though. Good thing about diesel tuning is big Torque 350/400ft-lb

1st Gear

Status
    thank you everyone.. well i am all new to the Diesel side of things.. so am learning something from scratch ..

if i was to look at air filter what sort would be recommended ?.

Dunk,
    how much BHP out of a 2.0TDI with a upgraded turbo ?.

but i will be happy wth around the 200 bhp mark .. as i still need it to be good on fuel as i do 500+ miles a week.

Steve,
    I dint know you could get a different Exhaust system for a TDI ?.

And hey Pat thanks for the info and help matey.

Neutral

Status
    There is a chap running over 300bhp in an Allard tuned A3 with the standard 2.0tdi intercooler.

An exhaust wont give you much power benefit but can help the turbo to spool up more quickly. You can look at mufflerectomy to do this more cheaply with similar effects.
    Air filter mods are also a waste of time unless you invest in a full blown CDA kit.
    If you are not going with a big turbo I would forget exhaust, airfilter and uprated IC pipework. Bang for buck results for the money you spend with not be worthwhile.

The best way to do it is to get all the mechanical mods fitted first and do the remap last of all to take into account all of the mods and this should also save you money.

If you want a big power TDi dont speak to anyone apart from Allards IMO.
    2008 Brilliant Black A3 Sportback 1.9 TDi SE Custom Code Remap
    2002 Ravenna Blue New Beetle 1.6
    1965 Vintage Burgundy Mustang Coupe V8

1st Gear

Status
    how much BHP out of a 2.0TDI with a upgraded turbo ?.
    it depends on what turbo and how much boost you are running!

Neutral

Status
    You can get up to about 230bhp maybe slightly more which is the level that people can currently get out of the standard injectors.
    Fueling is the limit so after this point you need to look at uprated injectors or propane to add in the required amount of fuel to get more bhp.

E.G the turbo fitted to my car is good for 260+bhp but I havent got the fueling to match.

So 230bhp ish will be the limit for most people when tuning this engine unless you have thousands of pounds to spend.
    2008 Brilliant Black A3 Sportback 1.9 TDi SE Custom Code Remap
    2002 Ravenna Blue New Beetle 1.6
    1965 Vintage Burgundy Mustang Coupe V8

5th Gear

Status
    Milltek do an exhaust for the TDi, you can decat it if you want and have the choice of resonated or system without front resinator. I might have a sound clip at home of a TDi Golf with non res system.

1st Gear

Status
    i forgot about the fuelling skodaudi is right about the injectors and so is SteveTDCI when is comes to getting a remap save it till last if you are going to get turbo, exhaust bla bla and so on.

but if you do want a turbo i am able to get which ever one you require at a largely discounted price.