Airbag light on dash .....

sprout99

Reaction score
apart from the obvious airbag fault is anything else connected into this as a warning?

It's not on constantly but has flashed a few times this morning.

Any advice would be useful before i go to garage.

Cheers Ian

It might just be a dogdy de-activation switch in the glovebox. Is there someone local who can run a vagcom scan for you before your trip to the dealers?

does that put light on dash on? light is inside speedo which is problem
i thought it was just for passenger de-activation and illuminated next to ESP switch?

i will check at lunch time.

If the de-activation switch is faulty the warning light on the speedo should come on. You need to get the car scanned with vagcom or by a dealer. Hope this helps.

fault seems to be intermittent - i'm not up to speed with the typical 8P type common faults

i'll get it checked - we have warranty luckily

I'm using an '06 2.0TDi Sportback from work at the moment on a semi-permanent loan. It has the Airbag light on permanently.
I have informed the fleet manager who has spoken to Audi. They have said (unsurprisingly) that it is a common fault and nothing to worry about and just to get it looked at during the next suvice. Fortunately this is due in about 1000 miles.

I have messed around with the passenger airbag deactivation switch but this has had no effect.

Mine has had this on 2 occasions, and in both instances a faulty crash sensor was the problem, although not the same sensor.
First was replaced under warranty, second time was just this month and was a £250 repair (£58 for the sensor, £158 labour, and the rest VAT).
I'd get it checked if your car is still under warranty.
Plus for me, there's the uncertainty of driving around "hoping" it's just a minor fault and that the airbags WOULD actually go off if you need them......

Davidb67 said:
Mine has had this on 2 occasions, and in both instances a faulty crash sensor was the problem, although not the same sensor.
First was replaced under warranty, second time was just this month and was a £250 repair (£58 for the sensor, £158 labour, and the rest VAT).
Plus for me, there's the uncertainty of driving around "hoping" it's just a minor fault and that the airbags WOULD actually go off if you need them......

i'll pinch car off the GF one day next week and get it checked out.

Davidb67 said:
you can change a crash sensor in 5 mins if the front one has gone i have one on order from vag parts for £48 paying £158 + vat is taking the Xiss to change it