JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    If any of you are buying from new, and financing the vehicle, if the car is nicked you will get a market value of your car. This is the whole reason why GAP insurance is around. Get it and GAP will make the difference up, returning the money to the invoice price (regardless of the options etc..) You can shop about for GAP these days, and over the 3 years it isnt too bad price wise
    I have always taken gap insurance because it makes sense on a car of any value, but my insurance company were saying if i did not declare the options (which would make me uninsurable) then they would void my policy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L33TAY
    I did a requote with only suspension alterations on the S3 I will be taking delivery of, price went from 454 to 1167.

So, I will not be telling them, it is a risk i know, but would they really be able to tell.
    Suppose if the car was a total loss/payout they would dig a bit further??

Lee

It shouldnt be that much difference in price try shopping around with different companies. If you cant afford to insure the car you shouldnt be modding it TBH.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Jas.

Status
    Update from yesterday.

Did confused.com and then on to Elephant. They had a mod page when you ticked the mod button. It took you to a "what mods do you have" page. As you would expect all the classic mods and performance upgrades were in there but there was nothing about GSM/cruise/FBMFSW/I-Pod or arm rest etc etc.

To confirm i phoned Elephant and was told as long as the car is standard (even though options) with the extras installed as factory build then they would be covered at no further cost. So thats good.

Also got my premium down with them to £270 with £300 excess. Happy with that inc protected NCB and legal. Result.

Cheerio Privilege.
    S3 57 Dolphin Grey.
    MFFBSW,GSM,Cruise,Symphony 6,Bose,
    I-Pod,Rain n Light Pack,Front Arm Rest,Black Optik Grille,BBS Calito'S.

06 A3 2.0T Q S-Line Sportback Spec Ed. Sold
    05 TT Quattro Sport (240 bhp). Sold
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line (190bhp). Sold

6th Gear

Status
    how old are you JJ and where you living?? Am with privledge at the moment and theyve been the lowest for me the last 2 years, but got some quotes before I bought the car that were low... Have been with elephant when iwas in my 20's and they were good, but not as good when I hit 30.

edit>> I see your in Scotland... so no idea about areas other than Glasgow for insurance.
    Last edited by Kontraband; 24th January 2008 at 17:17.

Jas.

Status
    Kontraband . I'm 42 heading towards 43. Living 16 miles outside of Edinburgh. I'm really surprised by Elephant. Could have had quote down to £261 with slightly higher excess but decided on a mid excess and guarenteed NCB. I'm dropping Priv like a stone. Been with them for seven years and a few Audi's but Elephant blew them out the water. As policies go I'm in an improved position on cheaper money. Can't be bad
    S3 57 Dolphin Grey.
    MFFBSW,GSM,Cruise,Symphony 6,Bose,
    I-Pod,Rain n Light Pack,Front Arm Rest,Black Optik Grille,BBS Calito'S.

06 A3 2.0T Q S-Line Sportback Spec Ed. Sold
    05 TT Quattro Sport (240 bhp). Sold
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line (190bhp). Sold

6th Gear

Status
    thats good to know... will definately check them out though I have to add business miles on my insurance too which bumps it up. Cheers fella.

6th Gear

Status
    my elephant quote was 575 :@

Gone with Privilege for 420

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    my elephant quote was 575 :@

Gone with Privilege for 420
    Got mine down to 340 with Adrian Flux, with mods. AA wanted 570 !

6th Gear

Status
    damn... thought my being over 30 woulda help a bit more than 400!

Adi Flux wanted 6 summat... as most companies did! City living maybe?

One of the advantages of being a little older (60). Fully comp insurance on my 170 with 120 excess, protected NCB, continental use, enhanced coutesy car, legal services etc - no mods, 2 speeding tickets - 365 with Norwich Union Direct.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    I have decalred my remap, even though in an accident they may not even find out its been remapped i declared it for a piece of mind, plus it was only 40ish extra per year!

Status
    I did the same even though they'd never ever know..ever
    14.4 is good

3rd Gear

Status
    I've just got my insurance.... a little strange, had a golf VR6 266 a year worth 1500..... Get my S3 worth 10500, ring up to change it and....... That will be no extra cost sir.... Huh??....Really?....Yes Sir, no extra cost with a 500 excess, if you would like to protect your NCB it will be an extra 19.....Hell yes!

i was a little dubious to start with but i went on line done a check and it came in at the right price, I'm with Tesco's and 27 with my girlfriend is on the policy and have my home insurance with them too, which for some reason they gave me half price because we both have car insurance with them.

Makes a change for some company's to look after you.

5th Gear

Status
    Remapped s3, 25 years old, 990, Adrian flux.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12