Badger5EM Tuning
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Audi Music Interface

    I have just noticed this item on the AudiWorld website which may be of interest to some members...


    The Audi Music Interface Keeps Up to Date
    Source: Audi AG
    Free software updates for Audi music interface
    Wide range of versions are adaptable
    Simple user installation

    The latest updates for the Audi music interface are now available for downloading from Audis website at www.audi.de. The software innovations ensure dialog with the current generation of portable media players and USB storage media. Consumers can download them at no cost.
    With the Audi music interface, drivers can enjoy their personal music libraries in their car as well. Audi consistently offers the latest updates at www.audi.de/mp3. These updates ensure reliable function and connectability with media players such as the Apple iPod and USB storage media.
    The wide variety and rapidly changing generations of players and versions of firmware make the updates necessary. The updates can be accomplished very easily, however: a driver update for the Audi music interface is simply downloaded from the Audi website and stored on a conventional USB stick. The user can then quickly and easily update the data in the Audi music interface with an adapter.
    Music files can be played back via the MMI controls and the multifunction steering wheel. In addition to the mp3 and wma formats, the latest update also allows the playing of stored albums, artists and songs in high-quality Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) format. The update also now makes the numerous media players that carry the plays for sure or certified for windows vista labels compatible with the Audi music interface. Because the market includes so many players featuring different software versions, Audi offers quick and regular updates for the Audi music interface software at absolutely no charge to the customer.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    JohnS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,021
    ..if they have an A6, A8 or Q7 which use the fiber optic CAN. The AMI is only available on these models which is a big shame.


  4. #3
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    yeah, still says on the A3 page that there a no show for names of artists, songs etc etc Come on... get with the technology Audi!

  5. #4
    marms's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    837
    Can't see Audi ever making this available on the current A3. When the new one arrives (in 2000 & what ever) it will most likely have the MOST MMI that is in the current A6,A8 and Q7.

    One of the aftermarket people will probably come up with something. It's just a waiting game.
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

    A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG

  6. #5
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    aye, tis probably true...

  7. #6
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by marms
    One of the aftermarket people will probably come up with something. It's just a waiting game.
    You'll be waiting for ever .... the problem is that the CD changer interface CANNOT support CD text so whatever the aftermarket box does the radio or sat nav cannot handle the data.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  8. #7
    marms's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave
    You'll be waiting for ever .... the problem is that the CD changer interface CANNOT support CD text so whatever the aftermarket box does the radio or sat nav cannot handle the data.
    I hear what you are saying Dave. The CD changer route isn't an option but what about perople with RNS-e? Couldn't an interface be used like the multi media adaptors that are already available. Could they not be made/modified to show track info from an iPOD? I know that you can get an inteface that allows remote control via the RNS-e with various DVD players. Couldn't an interface be built that offers similar operation of an attached iPod?
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

    A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG

  9. #8
    JohnS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by marms
    I hear what you are saying Dave. The CD changer route isn't an option but what about perople with RNS-e? Couldn't an interface be used like the multi media adaptors that are already available. Could they not be made/modified to show track info from an iPOD? I know that you can get an inteface that allows remote control via the RNS-e with various DVD players. Couldn't an interface be built that offers similar operation of an attached iPod?
    Good plan, Dave??


  10. #9
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Indeed! I'm getting the media adaptor so I can use a PS2 slim-line to play DVDs

  11. #10
    1wheelonly's Avatar
    cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Lounge
    Posts
    2,062
    hi N8KOW
    ive done this already and have put the ps2 in the boot but have put a cheap single din dvd player in the glove box,its cheaper, fits nicer and has ins and outs for other video sources, and its already 12v.
    here is the item number for one on the bay (230216107488)
    just thought id share it with you mate.
    hope its some help.
    Last edited by 1wheelonly; 23rd January 2008 at 19:43.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

  12. #11
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by marms
    Couldn't an interface be built that offers similar operation of an attached iPod?
    It could but there's no rumours of anyone working on such an interface - so I would be very surprised if it happens.

    Remember that although the R8 and TT are sticking with the radio/RNS-E systems all the other models are going the MMI route (B8 A4, A5, A6, A8, Q7 are already there) - so by the time such an interface is on sale the market will be small and shrinking so it's unlikely to make economic sense.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  13. #12
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    If I knew then what I know now about the second rate iPod interface I'd have gone for the SatNav with 6 disc changer. Its a real disappointment. Verdict: what a load of old $h1t! only 5 playlists means I've had to buy a second iPod just for the car.
    Wonder if you can retrofit the MMI - I'm sure the wiring would be murderous, and dashes always seem to rattle once you've had them apart.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  14. #13
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox
    Wonder if you can retrofit the MMI - I'm sure the wiring would be murderous, and dashes always seem to rattle once you've had them apart.
    Some people have looked at it, and it would be horrendous and cost several thousand pounds ... the MMI is several hidden boxes connected by fibre optic cables plus the visible display and operating buttons. Don't even think about going there ...
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  15. #14
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox
    If I knew then what I know now about the second rate iPod interface I'd have gone for the SatNav with 6 disc changer. Its a real disappointment. Verdict: what a load of old $h1t! only 5 playlists means I've had to buy a second iPod just for the car.
    That's why when anyone asks my advice about the Audi iPod interface I always say "don't waste your money on it".
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  16. #15
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly
    hi N8KOW
    ive done this already and have put the ps2 in the boot but have put a cheap single din dvd player in the glove box,its cheaper, fits nicer and has ins and outs for other video sources, and its already 12v.
    here is the item number for one on the bay (230216107488)
    just thought id share it with you mate.
    hope its some help.
    I've already got the slimline PS2, putting it under the seat, fancy playin pro evos as well, so I'ma stick with that option.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO