AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: New A3 owner!

Reverse Gear

Status

Thumbs up New A3 owner!

Just wanted to say hi to you all on here. I’ve been over on RS246.com for quite a few years now having owned an S4, RS4 and then an RS6 which I sold recently.

My wife and I are about to pick up (hopefully Friday) a Sept 07 A3 Sportsback 2.0 TFSI quattro sport S line se from our local dealer. It’s an ex demo with quite few extra's Sat Nav DVD, etc...

It’s my wife’s car as her company are looking to give her cash instead of a company car but will be the main family car for the time being. I have to say I am really impressed with the car, plenty of poke and punch when needed and extremely comfortable and roomy for what seems such a small car.

I do have one question though what is the Special Edition package consist of? The Audi chap wasn’t totally sure.

I’m all ears on any advice on this range, so please feel free to comment!

Cheers for now

Tom

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    The special edition got the S-Line suspension and styling tweaks included in the price, and also got full, rather than half leather seats.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi and welcome!

I think the special edition comes with a couple of things extra as standard. Think they come with different wheels too.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car!

Coss.

4th Gear

Status
    The Special Edition came with on top of the normal S-line: exterior styling kit(different bumpers and grill although the wheels are the same on all, about an £1100 option on the S-line at the time) and full leather interior over the part leather of the s-line(£750 option on normal S-Line). The main difference was the price I had to reorder our car as the SE came out before we recieved it and it saved us £2k for the same spec car.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the advice on the SE, sure nice to know you’ve got something for almost nothing…cough!Anyone here had theirs remapped? Any good?

Had both the S4 and RS4 done so know the obvious tuners around but are there any on here who do a good job as well as good deal?

Moisty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandle
    The Special Edition came with on top of the normal S-line: exterior styling kit(different bumpers and grill although the wheels are the same on all, about an Ł1100 option on the S-line at the time) and full leather interior over the part leather of the s-line(Ł750 option on normal S-Line). The main difference was the price I had to reorder our car as the SE came out before we recieved it and it saved us Ł2k for the same spec car.
    If it is the exclusive edition then it will have different wheels to normal, I believe they are RS wheels (I have just picked up an 07 exclusive edition and I know they all have the uprated wheels).
    The leather will be two tone (silver/black, red/black, etc.)

The exclusive edition was a bit of a bargain, unfortunately they no longer do it.

M

Reverse Gear

Status
    That’s the one..exclusive edition, RS4 wheels etc..Some nice touches on the car. Fingers crossed it I’ll get to pick it up Monday.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Sounds very nice, and welcoem to the site.

So what car will you be buying for yourself?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

5th Gear

Status
    welcome to audi sport, I hope you like the A3 I've had mine around a week and love it. As for a remap, having had my Golf done I will certainly be getting the A3 mapped later in the year. I'm probably going to go for a custom map or I'll consider GIAC, Superchips or Revo. I'd reccomend you get at least 10k on the clock before a remap, diesels take time to loosen up.

Moisty
    Tom, what colour did you go for?

Can you let us know what you paid?

Sounds like same spec as the car I have owned for all of 10 days so far. I have had some very fast cars in my time and this cannot compare to them but as an overall package for a sporty car, I think it is very good.
    I am surprised by the economy too. A number of people here said you cannot get low 30's out of a 2.0t Quattro Sportback, well I travel around the M25 a fair bit and as long as I stay at about 75 leptons, I get 34-35mpg.

Enjoy

M

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line
    Sounds very nice, and welcoem to the site.

So what car will you be buying for yourself?
    Not sure, really loved my RS4 (B5) and have been lucky to test drive the B7 RS4 for almost a week and at Goodwood on Audi's Uk launch of the car. Now theses prices are starting to drop a bit I could be tempted in a few month's or so.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi
    welcome to audi sport, I hope you like the A3 I've had mine around a week and love it. As for a remap, having had my Golf done I will certainly be getting the A3 mapped later in the year. I'm probably going to go for a custom map or I'll consider GIAC, Superchips or Revo. I'd reccomend you get at least 10k on the clock before a remap, diesels take time to loosen up.
    Thanks for the warm welcome, our A3 is a petrol not diesel

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Moisty
    Tom, what colour did you go for?

Can you let us know what you paid?

M
    Sure Ł26995.00, In Phantom Black, It does have a quite few extras though, DVD sat nav, heated seats, ipod, bluetooth, tv, Rain sensor and light pack etc....plus 2 Audi umbrellas, 2 silver key rings and an Audi jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Moisty

Sounds like same spec as the car I have owned for all of 10 days so far. I have had some very fast cars in my time and this cannot compare to them but as an overall package for a sporty car, I think it is very good.
    I am surprised by the economy too. A number of people here said you cannot get low 30's out of a 2.0t Quattro Sportback, well I travel around the M25 a fair bit and as long as I stay at about 75 leptons, I get 34-35mpg.

Enjoy

M
    Thanks we will, cant wait tbh, fed up with the wifes company Ford Focus!