new s3 seat problems

fraud

jamo s3
Reaction score
hi can anybody help me out im sure i remember reading on here, that there is a manufactures fault with the basic seats, because once you have pushed them forward in order to get them back you need to lift the handle on top of the seat which will only push the back rest back, so you then need to lean in to the bottom of the seat to slide the hole thing back. i,ve done a search on here but could not find it. and my car is with audi now while they look at it i just want to know what you think thanks

Funny that.
In my S3 yesterday. Thought I'd clean the back side windows and pushed the passenger seat forward. Then after that i couln't get it back. Wrestled with it then it went back but didn't know what I'd done. Brute force and ignorance didn't work. Is this a fault then or common knowledge issue?

No fault you just have to lift the handle and make sure you push the backrest completely forward first until it clicks into place then push the whole seat forward, when this is done the whole seat will move back to the position it was in on the runners before it was moved. Then just push the backrest back.

My passenger seat easy entry failed on mine which resulted in having to slide the base backwards & forwards manually and was fixed under warranty, one of the cables had become un-attached - the dealer said at the time that it was a fairly common occurence.

I never use the back seats like many others just found out when vacuuming.

thanks for your help guys. audi have not got back to me since they thought it was just the back rest that does not go back.think i will ring them now and suggest what jams3 has just posted

got the car back now, they have adjusted the cables and the memory blocks they work a bit better, but will have to check it properly in the light.