Nokia E65 and bluetooth working

a3kjorer

Reaction score
1. Update the phone to the latest software - Connect your Nokia E65 to your pc using the usb-cable and update its software to the latest version, use Nokia PC Suite "Update phone software" and follow the instructions.
2. Download Nokia 810 Contact Download Application for Nokia S60 3rd edition devices - http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881
3. Use Nokia PC Suite "Install applications" and install the .SIS application on your phone.
4. Delete the paired device to your car in your bluetooth setup on the phone if you have one.
5. Go to your car with the phone and turn on the ignition and start the Nokia Contact download application - Menu - Installat. - Download, answer Yes and confirm every question, and then your contact list is downloaded to the car
6. Finished - you can now see your contacts in the DIS, and you can use the MFSW to control and select person you want to call.

F$%king Awesome....thanks alot matey!

Was this a question or just you being courteous?

Can't get this to work?

The Nokia website does not include the E65 in it's compatibility list either?

CJP80 said:
Can't get this to work?
Try this if the above does not work;
Shut down the engine and remove the key from the ignition.
Delete the paired bluetooth connection in your phone to the car.
Turn OFF bluetooth on your phone.
Turn on the cars ignition.
Start the Nokia application once more - let it enable bluetooth, enter the cars PIN code, accept the car connection - let it sync with the car.

Does that help?

(Remember to authorize the cars bluetooth paired connection in your phone after everything is finished and ready)
BTW: I don't have RNS-E, I only have the phone prep in the armrest and the bluetooth that comes with it.

A quick question, how did you update the software in your phone module of the A3?

Did you update the module with a disk or online

Or did you replace the module with a Q version?

I'm sorry, my car is brand new, got it this week, produced and finished week 52, haven't changed or touched the car's software, only my phone.

A3 2.0 TDI (140) DSG S-line with a bunch of extras....

Sorry I misread your first line, of course all new cars come with the "Q" module installed.

Anyone else will have to have their phone module swapped out for the new Q version.

I offer 12 months warranty which is the parts warranty. But of course I'm £100 cheaper than the other price. Just as a point of interest, I've probably installed around 400 phone preps now and I have only had to replace 1 faulty module due to a genuine fault.

Craig

Alot of the new phones inc Sony Ericssons (k850) are not showing the missed/dialled/received calls on the RNS-E screen. Is this because the bluetooth module in my car is old and not compatible, if so will a new version sort this problem as its a bit annoying having to search the phonebook every time I want to make a call!

No it will not, the Q module will only show the phonebook too.

JamS3 said:
Craig

Alot of the new phones inc Sony Ericssons (k850) are not showing the missed/dialled/received calls on the RNS-E screen. Is this because the bluetooth module in my car is old and not compatible, if so will a new version sort this problem as its a bit annoying having to search the phonebook every time I want to make a call!

I'll be using you anyway craig, not to worry, sorry I didn't phone you back the other day, I was a little busy. Did you know theres a company in london that makes a bracket so an A4 RNS-E fits in a Mk1 TT now......

RNS-EinTT.jpg

s8craig said:
No it will not, the Q module will only show the phonebook too.

I got my car in March 07. Am I to assume that it will not have the Q module and thus this upgrade will not work?