Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

Nearly new S3 - el'cheapo!

My S3 is coming up for 10k miles, and I find this on pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/334821.htm

Looks like I wont get much for mine when I come to sell in a year or two!

Depreciation's a *****!

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    lol - oh well, if you wanted to make money, investing it in a car, isn't the best idea in the world

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW
    lol - oh well, if you wanted to make money, investing it in a car, isn't the best idea in the world
    Very true, I think my next car will be 2nd hand (unless I win the lotto!), thinking about a Noble M12/M400 in a year or two

Third Gear

Status
    Maybe cheap as it is in the Isle of Man, hassle to view, collect Etc and then re- register. Good buy if you could be bothered, yours will still fetch decent money don't worry.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Status
    must admit cars aren't moneymaking investments but that is cheap which makes me sus

2nd Gear

Status
    That price looks about right, ok hassle of re reg for uk (have a look at some uk dealers demos for 25000)

Joys of depreciation mine was 29500 new in a years time im expecting it to be just over 20,000 to sell privately

2nd Gear

Status
    Joys of buying new cars,lose 10% value of car as soon as you drive it out of the showroom
    To make it attractive to private cash buyer (no part/ex) have to price it cheaper than same car at dealers (2000/3000)
    If selling to dealer good spec means nothing (buying from dealer different story)
    Good spec to private buyer will make it more attractive to them but not to increase sale value by much
    So spec only the essentials which is what I have tried to do
    I did consider ex demo but when I ordered mine most demos were more than I could get a new one for (plus I got a 57 reg and not 56/07 so might be worth a bit more at sale time plus I dont do many miles)

Status
    He hasn;t got a whole load of extra's has he though to make it more attracitive. Plus location plays a part in the value of a car. As other have said a bit of a ball ache selling it on the isle of man, the immediate audiance is a little limited!!!!
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    He hasn;t got a whole load of extra's has he though to make it more attracitive. Plus location plays a part in the value of a car. As other have said a bit of a ball ache selling it on the isle of man, the immediate audiance is a little limited!!!!
    Case of doing your homework,work out cost to view,return car,tax/reg issues (if any)
    Could be quite a fun trip (I flew to Newcastle for my last A3 saved at least 1500 by doing so,compared to the same car in the south)

On Boost

Status
    Isle of man is a tax haven , would he have paid full tax when buying new?

Not sure how it works.

p

5th Gear

Status
    I traded my car in this month, I paid 29k when i bought it, and got 22k trade in, it ha 16.5k miles on it now. Book price says 21k. I guess that means i could have sold it privately for 24k ish, after VAT I dont think thats too bad.