JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    118

    Talking RETRO FIT CRUISE

    The upgrading continues.....

    Just got the RNS-E yesterday and fitted it, love it, well worth the investment. I'm now onto wanting Cruise Control and I've ordered the parts from vagparts.com.

    Does anyone know where I can find out how to fit this?? I'm looking for like detailed pics etc of the fit.

    Obviously I'll need vagcom but I'll get that from somewhere (I hope)

    Cheers Lad's

    J
    "Wars come and go - but my soldiers stay eternal"

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,155
    THIS is a guide for an A4, same fitting process for the cruise control stalk though.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt
    THIS is a guide for an A4, same fitting process for the cruise control stalk though.
    Cheers mate, exactly what I was looking for. Hope I can manage it myself .

    J
    "Wars come and go - but my soldiers stay eternal"

  5. #4
    newbie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Devon
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by J7-AUDIA3
    The upgrading continues.....

    Just got the RNS-E yesterday and fitted it, love it, well worth the investment. I'm now onto wanting Cruise Control and I've ordered the parts from vagparts.com.

    Does anyone know where I can find out how to fit this?? I'm looking for like detailed pics etc of the fit.

    Obviously I'll need vagcom but I'll get that from somewhere (I hope)

    Cheers Lad's

    J
    hey,

    how did you find fitting the rns-e? i'm thinking about doing this too but i'm crap with things like this!... did you do the vag-com upgrade? have seen quite a few on sale on ebay so think i'll take the plunge just before the new motor arrives so i can fit it when it turns up!....

    cheers

    ivan
    *** | S3, Ibis White, standard stuff & some extras! | ***

  6. #5
    Gti Jazz Blue's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654
    If you have ordered a retro-fit kit, it will come with the installation instructions from Audi in the kit. Mine did.

    Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

    VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by odnet
    hey,

    how did you find fitting the rns-e? i'm thinking about doing this too but i'm crap with things like this!... did you do the vag-com upgrade? have seen quite a few on sale on ebay so think i'll take the plunge just before the new motor arrives so i can fit it when it turns up!....

    cheers

    ivan
    Alright mate,

    The fitting was dead easy just plug and play as I had the Symphony 6 CD Changer. Set of removal keys and thats all you need. I've got a PDF Document for the RNS-E Manual so if you want a copy PM me.

    Not done the VAGCOM yet, going to get that in future but for now it's working fine as it is.

    Cheers

    J
    "Wars come and go - but my soldiers stay eternal"

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue
    If you have ordered a retro-fit kit, it will come with the installation instructions from Audi in the kit. Mine did.

    Paul
    Cheers for that Paul give it a try myself. I see you've got VAGCOM, did you buy it from RossTech themselves??

    J
    "Wars come and go - but my soldiers stay eternal"

  9. #8
    Gti Jazz Blue's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654
    Yes I did, it was an upgrade this time from their serial dual K-Line interface. Excellant service just allow for the fact that you have to pay the VAT and handling charge to Fed-Ex. That bill will arrive a week or two after you have had the cable.

    With the current exchange rate no time like the current to invest.

    Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

    VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO