Is Audi reliabilty still good

• Yes

Votes: 53 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters

migzy

Reaction score
I was just wondering, but in general what does everyone think about Audi reliabilty these days, is it good or bad

i.e. less than a couple of things going wrong on it in the warranty period

Had an A3 2.0FSI for 60k miles from new, had a couple of minor things go wrong, and a fuel pump failure, all covered under warranty. Had the S3 for 10k miles so far and touch wood nothing has gone wrong.

stunning solid cars........had a look at the Ford and Vauxhall offerings which were cheaper and faster......the quality difference was sooooo noticeable. just PX'd my 125k A3 1.8T after 6 and a half years of ragging, nothing major ever went on it...... chuffed to bits

Now on my 6th A3 and my 10th Audi. All have been very reliable with only very minor problems, all sorted out by the dealer under warranty.

People have different definitions of 'reliable' though.
Some people will define that as 'never having broken down'.
If that's the criteria, then even I would have to say my car has been reliable, because it's never actually left me stranded.
The trouble is, it's had to go back to the dealer for loads of niggly little things, which make me doubt the build quality, and it is has a thirst for oil like a 1972 Maxi, which makes me doubt the engine build quality.
So I'd have to say basically reliable, but with poor overall build quality/quality control.

Using the Bowfers criteria my Audi was reliable for the 40K miles I ran it for, although poor Paul has had a few issues with it :(

But even considering these it was perfect compared to my VW's... Both MKiv's that I owned (gti turbo and R32) spent a lot of time at the dealers. I think the r32 was the worse even though I only kept it for 12 months and it was sat parked up in a garage for half of those.

The best cars I have owned have come from BMW, my MCS squeaked and rattled and bits of dash would pop off but it never had to go back to the dealers in the 18k miles and 6 months of ownership (I would just pop the bits back on) and my current car has been great so far, touching wood!

J.

marriedblonde said:
Using the Bowfers criteria my Audi was reliable for the 40K miles I ran it for, although poor Paul has had a few issues with it :(
J.

Yeap ****** typical. Kate would probably say it is because I fiddle with it. If only, so far it looks like two of the faults I've had are known (i.e. there is an Audi TSB on the subject) issues. I will wait and see next week what the situation is regarding the coolant loss. EGR cooler, head leak or clips on the radiator.

Oil leak on the Turbo could just be a seeping union or blow by.

Only let me down once and that was on my anniversary and I was due to take Kate to Bath for the day with an overnight stop. Luckily from the symptoms I recognised it as the throttle control valve and was able to request an Audi Tech from Audi Assist who had the part on the van. So only an hour later than intended and we were on the road.

Paul

My Sportback was delivered from the first UK batch after launch in September 2004, and it's been a very impressive experience in terms of reliability. As I said in the other thread running on this, only went to the dealer once to get the nearside Xenon headlight realigned (although this was only the reset of the software).

It's used a couple of litres of oil in 3.5 years and 28.5k too, and had one service. No complaints!

no its **** peugeot is much better