Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Best place for Mods on new S3 - Northwest

Hi all

Straight after delivery of the S3 on March 1st, wanted to get lowering springs and 10mm spacers all round, I'm from the Stockport, Cheshire area, not far from manchester.

Just wondered where from your experience was the best place to get the above done??

Had a price of Awesome, sounds OK, but not really any discount, are there any other reputable places that anyone could recomend, just waiting for www.racetechuk.com to get back to me,

Any advice appreciated
    Lee
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

2. # ADS
    ADS

In two minds

Status
    Hi mate, was going to suggest Awesome but ill just hi as I am also from Stockport

On Boost

Status
    I'm also from Stockport, i'v heard Vortex in Congleton is decent , they would also be my choice of Revo dealer if i went for the Revo remap!

p

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers Phantom

Just PM'd you

Lee
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L33TAY
    Cheers Phantom

Just PM'd you

Lee
    No problem mate, if you wanted somewhere closer to home you could try Prosport in Heaton mersey , there big on the Scooby forums!

p

2nd Gear

Status
    Tried doing a search on Vortex, getting no results, do you have a website address for them??

On Boost

Status
    Tried doing a search on Vortex, getting no results, do you have a website address for them??
    Here you go my mate!http://www.votex.ltd.uk/

p

5th Gear

Status
    Billiybravo on here's just opened his own place up in Stockport - see http://www.topgearstockport.com
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the info , I'll try them tomorrow.

Lee

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I'm in the north west but I'm going to TT Shop in bedford to do my car, have dealt with them before.

2nd Gear

Status
    Long way to go really, 150 miles, the drive would be good tho!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    I'm also from Stockport, i'v heard Vortex in Congleton is decent , they would also be my choice of Revo dealer if i went for the Revo remap!

p
    If i make it to the RR day, I'll take you out for a spin in mine. I think you might like it!!

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3
    If i make it to the RR day, I'll take you out for a spin in mine. I think you might like it!!
    Nice 1 mate, it's a toss up between Revo and Giac for me, they both dont add to the flash counter, they are both switchable , same gains , same sort of cost, same back up , free updates , it all comes down to the map!

p

Neutral

Status
    Another one from Stockport! Whereabouts are you L33TAY?
    2010 TDi 170 SB Black Edition - on order

2007 MY08 Sprint blue S3 - gone

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    Nice 1 mate, it's a toss up between Revo and Giac for me, they both dont add to the flash counter, they are both switchable , same gains , same sort of cost, same back up , free updates , it all comes down to the map! p
    Revo is also adjustable, either by you or a dealer, with a select plus. I'm not sure if this can be done with Giac. Can anyone confirm?

2nd Gear

Status
    Got a good price from www.racetechuk.com today for the springs and spacers, including fitting.

Has anyone used these before?? As will probably book car in within the week.

On Boost

Status
    Got a good price from www.racetechuk.com today for the springs and spacers, including fitting.

Has anyone used these before?? As will probably book car in within the week.
    Not used them , how does the price compare with Awesome and Vortex?

p

2nd Gear

Status
    Awesome have matched the price, I'm glad really as wanted them to do it anyway, and they are closer, result!

So all sorted now!! Just need the car!!