Votex rear spoiler & ABT blendedfront lower spoiler

mattandrew

Reaction score
I'm in abit of a dilemma over which boot spoiler to get:

S-Line or Votex... Did you notice any differences and do you definitely think Votex goes better?

Oh and any pics please

The Votex is slightly bigger than the sline but there is not much difference. The votex finishes the car off nicely.

Emzino, I noticed you replied to a thread last April regarding the spoiler, you still deciding?

The votex is easy to fit, I purchased from audi. Full fitting instructions included but its easy to fit. There is a groove on the bottom of the spoiler to run the bonding agent and all around the spolier is strip of double sided stickey tape to give a good fit to the tailgate. (this strip doesent really bond the spoiler but gives a good seal around the edge)

What did you pay for the rear spoiler, if you don't mind me asking. I've been on to 2 main stealers, and both have just quoted me £209 + adhesive kit and painting. They both also told me that there is only 1 type of spoiler available for my sportback, as they don't stock Votex anymore . . . and can I heck as find someone who does ! :confused:

I have the Votex kit on my Sportback and that tailgate spoiler is different to mine. Mine has the rear brake light integrated into the top lip of the spoiler were as that one looks to be cut out around the original light.

Quick pic of my tailgate spoiler

I'm not a fan of the abt front spolier tbh

I paid £137 (trade discount) and collected from stafford audi.

3 door part no 8P0071640K9AX £145 RRP
Stafford audi £150 + £9.99 p&p - Flebay item no 110207255942
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Genui...hZ001QQcategoryZ10372QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Sportback part no 8P90716409AX £200 RRP
Stafford audi £210 + £9.99 p&p - Flebay item no 110207257597
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Sport...hZ001QQcategoryZ10372QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Both showing in stock. Got a local body shop to get paint then spray then fitted my self using a bonding agent from work (similar to the stuff you can get from audi)

Just noticed crew audi do them http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Crewe-Audi bit cheaper

Before ordering i would ring to check with the parts dept if they actually have them in stock, when i ordered mine it took a couple of days to get, stafford audi very good service.

mattandrew said:
The Votex is slightly bigger than the sline but there is not much difference. The votex finishes the car off nicely.

Emzino, I noticed you replied to a thread last April regarding the spoiler, you still deciding?

The votex is easy to fit, I purchased from audi. Full fitting instructions included but its easy to fit. There is a groove on the bottom of the spoiler to run the bonding agent and all around the spolier is strip of double sided stickey tape to give a good fit to the tailgate. (this strip doesent really bond the spoiler but gives a good seal around the edge)

Oh yes i'm definitely still wanting one but just couldn't get a straight answer between the difference in the S-Line Spoiler & Votex Spoiler but now you've clarified it & with pictures (thanks btw), I know which to go for! =)

How much would you say it'd cost to paint it? Apparently there's no Ebony Black no more so it won't match perfectly :sorry:

Nice one mattandrew bagged one of ebay as i think it's the only thing i'm goin to touch on my car as I believe it just finishes car off.

emzino said:
How much would you say it'd cost to paint it? Apparently there's no Ebony Black no more so it won't match perfectly :sorry:

Matching the colour shouldn't be a problem, in the boot of the car under the mat on the right of the spare wheel should be a sticker about 15cm x 10cm which gives all sorts of build details about about the car. It will say LACKNR/PAINT NO (mine was LY7H thats akoya silver) give that code to any half decent body shop / sprayer they should get an exact match. If the sticker is missing give audi a call with your VIN number and they will be able to give you the paint code.

When they order the paint or mix it they should be able to get the right amount so your not paying for a full litre. Cost £40 - £100 depends who you can find.