Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Boost

Status

Phantom's phantom!

After all the to-ing fro-ing i got the car and it's better than i remeber from the test drive! ( only last week ) simply stunning!

I tride to get on the runway at Manchester airport, but they wouldn't let me on!

Understated!

Top build!

Grippy , it rains alot in Manchester 4wd to put the power down!

Really really buzzing with this car!

Thanks

p
    Last edited by phantom; 10th January 2008 at 21:14.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Very Nice, I think you made the right choice.

jamiekip
    Glad you're happy.
    Welcome to the club.... good luck keeping black looking clean

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    stunning!
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

5th Gear

Status
    That looks pretty tuff mate! I'm glad your finally happy =)

Heh funny how you was SO stressed last week and now your over the moon. It's good to see that =)
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks good and the fastest colour

I was the STIG.

Status
    nice, car. I wouldn't park there if I were you tho!

Cooky

A3 2.0 tdi sport (2005), Xenons, Bose, Leather/Alcantara, 19" replica RS6 alloys, Rieger front bumper/side skirts, Eibach 30mm springs, Caratere Rear Spoiler, Silver wing mirrors, powerflow twin exhaust tips, Alpine iDA-X001 iPod Ready headunit, amp and 1000 watt sub....

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Blimey that was quick.

Very nice, enjoy.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

4th Gear

Status
    Very nice motor. Enjoy it!
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

1st Gear

Status
    Looks tidy! Enjoy!
    "Why So Serious?"

L60N
    Looks Fab

Im very envious as im having to wait till march to pick mine up

Just ride out these winter months then get it detailed when the fine weather arrives, it will look stunning!!

Jas.

Status
    Stunning Stealth. Enjoy it mate.
    S3 57 Dolphin Grey.
    MFFBSW,GSM,Cruise,Symphony 6,Bose,
    I-Pod,Rain n Light Pack,Front Arm Rest,Black Optik Grille,BBS Calito'S.

06 A3 2.0T Q S-Line Sportback Spec Ed. Sold
    05 TT Quattro Sport (240 bhp). Sold
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line (190bhp). Sold

6th Gear

Status
    Ohhh yeah.... very nice. Cant believe they wouldnt let you rip one down the runway tho! BOOOO!

6th Gear

Status
    Black is the best colour

You'll find the S3 has a way of getting under your skin, I have never been so satisfied with a car's all round ability with the only criticism also being one of its qualities - stealth indeed.

Enjoy, great shots.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Third Gear

Status
    Nice matey !!

Next best thing to getting on the runway is winding down the windows and howling through those tunnels that go under the runway on the way into Wilmslow. Awesome !!!

Enjoy

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

L60N
    Can i ask the S3 owners one question?

How does the engine actually sound ? Ive read things like it sounds harsh under a heavy right foot.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N
    Can i ask the S3 owners one question?

How does the engine actually sound ? Ive read things like it sounds harsh under a heavy right foot.
    Doesn't sound harsh in my opinion, I'm not even going to attempt to describe the noise but I have heard 2 other S3's getting driven hard and in my opinion they sound great.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

On Boost

Status
    It's not harsh really , theres a bit of noise , harsh is my old Cliosport 182 , that sounded like it's throat was being cut! Lol

p

L60N
    I love this video with an APR exhaust, sounds awesome! You can almost smell the fumes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLWIqtU9hsY
    Last edited by L60N; 11th January 2008 at 12:30.

6th Gear

Status
    I would describe the sound as 'Gruff' or throaty under hard use and civilised when cruising. Take her past 4K and the sound changes due to some kind of valve on the rear silencer, I'm more than happy with the sound.

On a previous 2.0T (MK5 GTi) I changed the pipes for a Miltek system, partly for sound, partly for performance enhancement - I won't be doing this with the S3 I'm pleased to say
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold

2nd Gear

Status
    Doesn't Phantom's car look the business? Very understated, but all you need. But then, I lived the first 19 years of my life in Higher Blackley, Manchester, so perhaps I'm biased.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler
    Doesn't Phantom's car look the business? Very understated, but all you need. But then, I lived the first 19 years of my life in Higher Blackley, Manchester, so perhaps I'm biased.
    Nice 1 mate, ive allready been called a DRUG DEALER with it Lol

I spent the first 32 years of my life living in Salford, but the last 4 in a ok part of Stockport!

Coz of where ive lived i'm a paranoid fu*k , ive allready ordred a pair of phantom coded caps!

Also if i think ive no option i will de-badge it, as the last thing i want is a gang of SCROTES coming through my door with guns for the keys!

I have a wife and son!

Its a crying shame , but ive been brought up to keep my **** WIRE TIGHT!

Thanks

p

L60N
    Yep, id defo:

Debadge and replace with 1.9 tdi
    Spray the wing mirrors black
    Replace wheels with some stock 15"ers

2nd Gear

Status
    ... and leave the glove compartment open with nothing it when you park.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

On Boost

Status
    My wife told me yesterday there was something on the radio , there was a shooting in Manchester , and police are looking for a black Audi s3! Lol

The Manchester branch of the S3 owners club! hehehehehehe

p

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks the dogs Phantom, I'm taking delivery of my Phantom S3 on March 1st.

Deffo the best coulour by far!!!!

You just need spacers on now and it lowered

Enjoy
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L33TAY
    Looks the dogs Phantom, I'm taking delivery of my Phantom S3 on March 1st.

Deffo the best coulour by far!!!!

You just need spacers on now and it lowered

Enjoy
    I think STD hight looks fine on these cars!

I may get a set of RS4 wheels at a later date, but then do you go 18's or 19's ? RS4 wheels are strange they look far better as 19's , but will the handling suffer? there is allready rubbing issues on 19's, and your speedo will be out!

Unless your spending big money on coilovers, 18's for go , 19's for show!

p

2nd Gear

Status
    I'd personally stick with the factory wheels, but its personal choice in the end.

Just booked mine in at Awesome GTI for the 4th March for:

H&R Springs
    10mm H&R hubcentric spacers all round
    Forge Diverter valve, having this done at the same time to keep labour costs down, ready for the GIAC remap at 1000m

just need to finalise the price with them now, with some discount hopfully.
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

On Boost

Status
    I'd personally stick with the factory wheels, but its personal choice in the end.

Just booked mine in at Awesome GTI for the 4th March for:

H&R Springs
    10mm H&R hubcentric spacers all round
    Forge Diverter valve, having this done at the same time to keep labour costs down, ready for the GIAC remap at 1000m

just need to finalise the price with them now, with some discount hopfully.
    Sounds nice , i await pics of your with the springs and spacers on!

Come down to the RR day there on the 8th March ? will be good to meet fellow NW owners!

The Phantom's going on the rollers , if it's putting out good power ( ive read as much as 280bhp for these cars ) i may hang fire on the remap, if it's just putting out std power well i think i may get the GIAC as well!

I don't want to mod this car upto the eyes too quickly!

p

Status
    wereabouts in manchester are you from mate ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Think i'll do that Phantom, would be good to put faces to cars, and will be a good day out, weather permitting

Don't know the full details but i'm seen a post somewhere about it.

Lee

2nd Gear

Status
    Will just come along and watch I think, as car will have only done a few miles by that date.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    Sounds nice , i await pics of your with the springs and spacers on!

Come down to the RR day there on the 8th March ? will be good to meet fellow NW owners!

The Phantom's going on the rollers , if it's putting out good power ( ive read as much as 280bhp for these cars ) i may hang fire on the remap, if it's just putting out std power well i think i may get the GIAC as well!

I don't want to mod this car upto the eyes too quickly!

p
    be interested to know the cost of spacers plus fitting. IMO stick with the 18", the 19" may look better but ouch!! the ride quality.

I'm having the GIAC remap tomorrow am so will let all know how I get on, I'm amazed I managed to wait so long (7 months) and car has now done 5K so should be ready......

1st Gear

Status
    Looks nice mate!!
    Si

2009-Current | Porsche Boxster 2.7

2007-2009 | Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line

2005-2007 | Audi A3 1.6FSI Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140
    be interested to know the cost of spacers plus fitting. IMO stick with the 18", the 19" may look better but ouch!! the ride quality.

I'm having the GIAC remap tomorrow am so will let all know how I get on, I'm amazed I managed to wait so long (7 months) and car has now done 5K so should be ready......
    Spin140, yes looking forward to your feedback on the GIAC, where are you getting it done? I'll PM you the figures I get quoted from Awesome for spacers + fitting when I get them on Mon, they are fitting mine for free as the wheels will be off to do the springs anyway.

Cheers
    Lee

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140

Where you getting the GIAC done mate? that place in Sheffield?

Are you going for the switch as well?

What you paying if you don't mind me asking? Audi-sport.net discount?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

p

On Boost

Status
    Will just come along and watch I think, as car will have only done a few miles by that date.
    Whens it due to land then mate?

p

Neutral

Status
    That looks stunning phantom! Glad you got it all sorted in the end.

Be careful though, I live in a reasonably decent part of Stockport imho and I had the mirror caps stolen whilst it was sat on my drive. It's now always kept in the garage out of sight which gives me a bit more peace of mind.

Interesting about the shooting, as a couple of months ago I was driving just outside Manchester city centre and I was flashed by a following VW Golf which proceeded draw up alongside me and whilst I was still driving, the driver asked my passenger who was driving the car a few days ago - think there is some one with a blue one as well who may be a bit unsavoury!

On another post, I have been under the runaway in both my car and the demonstrator and mine sounded both better and louder. But the Focus ST's five-pot sounded better to be honest. (Can only imagine what the TT-R will sound like .) A four cylinder engine can only sound so good but it is made up for by the hisses from the dump valve and the decent exhaust note.

Anyway, enjoy it, I'll keep an eye out for you on my travels.
    2010 TDi 170 SB Black Edition - on order

2007 MY08 Sprint blue S3 - gone

2nd Gear

Status
    March 1st Phantom, and there are a few country roads back from the dealer to my house, so should be a good day, and March 1st is a Saturday, so that has fallen well, just hope the sun is shining too!!!

Lee

On Boost

Status
    March 1st Phantom, and there are a few country roads back from the dealer to my house, so should be a good day, and March 1st is a Saturday, so that has fallen well, just hope the sun is shining too!!!

Lee
    Nice! get some M/way miles on it to loosen it up/ take the family to Wales , Portmerion or somewhere !

p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast