a3 1.8t fsi help

PeteWest

Reaction score
Hello!

I bought a brandnew (2007) a3 1.8t fsi sportback(160bhp) and I would like to pump ut the bhp a bit, perhaps some chipupdating or some other minor changes...
So I would like to hear opinions and suggestions from you, professionals, about how I could improve the performance on my new a3. Just throw at me anything you have to suggest:)

(Im from Finland so sorry for my bad english....)

Pete

Hello and welcome Pete.

Not sure of any remaps are available for the new 1.8 TFSI yet, as your well aware this is a very recent engine.

But i'll keep an eye out for you.

PeteWest said:
Hello!

I bought a brandnew (2007) a3 1.8t fsi sportback(160bhp) and I would like to pump ut the bhp a bit, perhaps some chipupdating or some other minor changes...
So I would like to hear opinions and suggestions from you, professionals, about how I could improve the performance on my new a3. Just throw at me anything you have to suggest:)

(Im from Finland so sorry for my bad english....)

Pete

How do you like the 1.8 engine?

When I bought my sportback 3 years ago the choice was 1.6FSI, 2.0FSI or 2.0T. Unfortunately the 2.0T was out of my price range so I test drove the 1.6FSI and the 2.0FSI and found the difference enormous. The 2.0 was sooo much smoother and quieter than the 1.6. I am very curious how smooth the new 1.8 is. I really hate the raw noisyness of small engines and if the 1.8T is smooth and quiet it could be the engine of choice for my next car (How knows maybe the new A4... )

synthdood said:
How do you like the 1.8 engine?

When I bought my sportback 3 years ago the choice was 1.6FSI, 2.0FSI or 2.0T. Unfortunately the 2.0T was out of my price range so I test drove the 1.6FSI and the 2.0FSI and found the difference enormous. The 2.0 was sooo much smoother and quieter than the 1.6. I am very curious how smooth the new 1.8 is. I really hate the raw noisyness of small engines and if the 1.8T is smooth and quiet it could be the engine of choice for my next car (How knows maybe the new A4... )
Well I think this 1.8TFSI engine does the job for a A3. The car feels good and confortabe. If you like quiet rides this engine could work very well on a4, but remember, its a much heavier car, I think I would find it abit lame with a 1.8. But you can test drive it, if you like it quiet and smooth, who knows, maybe you'll like the combination. Matter the fact I think it could work very good since its a brand new A4 with a almost brand new engine. The engine itself is great, no wonder it became the engine of the year in 2007.